Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

No audio when using 2017 Media Encoder

Community Beginner ,
Nov 06, 2016 Nov 06, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I'm having issues with the 2017 version of Media Encoder.

To start, I exported my files from Adobe Premiere CC 2017 version. I have no problems with audio. Sound is there with the file(s). Everything looks good.

Then, when I use the media encoder to change to another format, I get no audio at all. All of my clips from the new ME has no audio.

I have cleaned the media cache from both Premiere and ME. I also re-installed Media Encoder 2017. So far, nothing has worked. Still no audio on files.

Everything was fine with previous version. Any suggestions?

TOPICS
Error or problem , Export or render

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 06, 2016 Nov 06, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Update: I installed the 2015 version of Media Encoder on my computer again. I tried using my 2017 version of the exported file. The audio was there on that file from the 2015 ME.

Another interesting situation: I used a file that was exported with the previous version of AP. I tried ME 2017 and that file had audio. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 07, 2016 Nov 07, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yep some thing Media Encoder 2017 is NOT rendering audio for me ARRG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Rebeca and Luke,

What is the format of your source media files and what is the destination format you are encoding into?  Or does this happen in any format?  Are you encoding a Premiere sequence or a single video file?

Thanks,
Makoto

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

tri9ed with .vob .mpg and .mov to H264 mp4 AND out to .mp3 or .WAV as well.  from just inside ME dragging file in changing settings and rendering it out. All resulting files are silent

all the same files and settings work just fine in media encoder 2015.  so it is def a 2017 issue

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Luke,

I cannot reproduce this problem with files I have here.  In order to look into this further, could you provide some files if you don't mind?

I sent you a private message with the posting link.

Thank you,

Makoto

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 08, 2016 Nov 08, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm doing an regular export from a sequence file from Premiere. I did a H264 in 720p and 1080p. I also did a MPEG Preview file, too. All of them had audio when checked on Windows Media. When I used ME 2017, all of them transcoded with no audio. I also brought one of the files to Premiere's timeline, and no audio was showing on the timeline. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 08, 2016 Nov 08, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Some users could resolve a similar problem after the following steps.

Could you try them one by one from top to bottom and see if any of them helps?

#1. From Media Encoder's preferences > Media.  Then, click "Clean".  Once you quit and relaunch Media Encoder, please try encoding files.

#2. If #1 above didn't help, you may need to clean cache files manually. At the same Media preferences, pease take a note of the locations of "Media Cache Files" and "Media Cache Database" indicated there.  Once you quit all Adobe applications, please go to this location and delete folders called "Media Cache Files" and "Media Cache".

#3. If none of above helps, clearing preferences may help.  While holding the shift key, please launch Media Encoder.  This clears the preferences. 

Does any of those suggestions solve the problem?  If so, could you tell me which one solved the issue?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 09, 2016 Nov 09, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just upgraded this morning and had this issue.  I tried solution #1 and nothing - no audio.

Then I jumped to Solution #3 and it worked.   So reset the preferences if you're having the no audio issue in ME2017.

Good luck all you video warriors!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 15, 2016 Nov 15, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue here, updated this morning (16th Nov 2016 +8gmt ), used my presets then tried with system presets still no audio.

Windows 7, Build 11.0.0.131

Tried #3 holding down shift when loading, still didn't work. - Is that for Mac or Windows?

Tried #1 still didn't work (tried both presets and system presets)

Tried #2 and it worked.Thanks MMeguro!

Hope Adobe can roll out an update asap so others don't have this issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 19, 2016 Nov 19, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here

Really unbelieveable this software costs a lot of money per month, i am running a small videoproduction compagny and i never had to tell a customer i could not deliver on time when i used GrassValley Procoder.

Don't they (ADOBE) understand this will cost money.

I am really pissed off.

Why do they send untested software in the world...............

Windows 10 64bit

Mpg to WMV (with media encoder 2017.0    - build 11.0.0.131)

randomly no audio in converted file (9 out of 10 times NO AUDIO)

BTW NON off the 3 solutions worked for me!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 05, 2016 Dec 05, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue over here. Today is 12/5/2016 and its the first time I launched the 2017 Media Encoder to use it to reduce an HD video for the web and no audio after several attempts.  Step 2 by MMeguro worked. I went in to both the "Media Cache" and the "Media Cache Files" and cleared it and it now works. This is ridiculous Adobe.  Dreamweaver is a buggy mess and now this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 06, 2016 Dec 06, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here. Audio is not presented in the exported files.

I couldn't resolved the issue. Tried all 3 options and re-installed AME.

It's only happening on some files. So I'm assuming that the audio track of the source isn't picked up in some cases.

The CODEC properties are similar BUT the working source files has the AUDIO STREAM "0", if the AUDIO STREAM is "1", NO AUDIO. (Info from VLC Codec properties)screen2.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 06, 2016 Dec 06, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Under the same location you deleted folders "Media Cache Files" and "Media Cache Database", could you also remove another folder called "Peak Files"?  Does this make any difference?

I have similar files with video in steam 0 and audio in stream 1.  There is no issue with those files.  This could be file-specific.  If removing those folders and clearing preferences don't help, I may need to ask you to send me your problematic file next.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 24, 2018 Nov 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hey mate,

same happens to me - did you manage to workaround it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 27, 2018 Dec 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here, with the Media Encoder 2019. Premiere CC 2019 export, everything is fine. Media Export only one Audio track (of 2)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 28, 2018 Dec 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

More Info. That is the raw file.

Export with CC Premiere everything is fine. Video and Audio.

Export with Encoder, only the sound of the Audiotrack 2 in the video, not Audiotrack 1.

Of Course i tried already this, but it doesnt fix the issue.

#1. From Media Encoder's preferences > Media.  Then, click "Clean".  Once you quit and relaunch Media Encoder, please try encoding files.

#2. If #1 above didn't help, you may need to clean cache files manually. At the same Media preferences, pease take a note of the locations of "Media Cache Files" and "Media Cache Database" indicated there.  Once you quit all Adobe applications, please go to this location and delete folders called "Media Cache Files" and "Media Cache".

#3. If none of above helps, clearing preferences may help.  While holding the shift key, please launch Media Encoder.  This clears the preferences.

Video

ID                                       : 1

Format                                   : AVC

Format/Info                              : Advanced Video Codec

Format-Profil                            : Main@L4

Format-Einstellungen für CABAC           : Nein

Format-Einstellungen für ReFrames        : 1 frame

Codec-ID                                 : avc1

Codec-ID/Info                            : Advanced Video Coding

Dauer                                    : 1 h 16 min

Bitraten-Modus                           : variabel

Bitrate                                  : 12,4 Mb/s

maximale Bitrate                         : 16,0 Mb/s

Breite                                   : 1 920 Pixel

Höhe                                     : 1 080 Pixel

Bildseitenverhältnis                     : 16:9

Modus der Bildwiederholungsrate          : konstant

Bildwiederholungsrate                    : 30,000 FPS

ColorSpace                               : YUV

ChromaSubsampling/String                 : 4:2:0

BitDepth/String                          : 8 bits

Scantyp                                  : progressiv

Bits/(Pixel*Frame)                       : 0.200

Stream-Größe                             : 6,60 GiB (98%)

colour_range                             : Limited

matrix_coefficients                      : BT.709

Audio #1

ID                                       : 2

Format                                   : AAC

Format/Info                              : Advanced Audio Codec

Format-Profil                            : LC

Codec-ID                                 : 40

Bitraten-Modus                           : konstant

Bitrate                                  : 161 kb/s

Kanäle                                   : 2 Kanäle

Kanal-Positionen                         : Front: L R

Samplingrate                             : 44,1 kHz

Bildwiederholungsrate                    : 43,066 FPS (1024 spf)

Stream-Größe                             : 87,6 MiB (1%)

Titel                                    : Track1

Default                                  : Ja

Alternate group                          : 1

Audio #2

ID                                       : 3

Format                                   : AAC

Format/Info                              : Advanced Audio Codec

Format-Profil                            : LC

Codec-ID                                 : 40

Bitraten-Modus                           : variabel

Bitrate                                  : 123 kb/s

maximale Bitrate                         : 320 kb/s

Kanäle                                   : 2 Kanäle

Kanal-Positionen                         : Front: L R

Samplingrate                             : 44,1 kHz

Bildwiederholungsrate                    : 43,066 FPS (1024 spf)

Stream-Größe                             : 67,0 MiB (1%)

Titel                                    : Track2

Default                                  : Nein

Alternate group                          : 1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 11, 2017 Apr 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How is this issue not fixed?!?  If you Google this, it's been a problem for years.  I am downloading Handbrake, which is freeware software. I've lost thousands of dollars in lost productivity because of these glitches. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 17, 2017 May 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i've tried all steps #1 through #3 no luck.  only added perspective is that source file (.mpeg) is showing up in ME as "no audio" when it does, in fact, have audio and plays back fine on multiple systems...just trying to re-wrap to .mp4...had to load into premier and export as .mp4...this is not why I have ME.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 20, 2017 Jul 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, there might be another audio-problem. I had four audio-tracks and the first two were empty.
(That's what the Capture-device exported.)
After using Media Encoder there was no Audio left. Check your source file if you have to many audio-tracks...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 03, 2017 Oct 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My video was rendering with no audio as well...I couldn't figure it out, but finally realized that it was due to a '/' in my sequence name...it seems that this character was messing things up somehow...once I removed the character from my sequence name, and rendered it in AME, the audio came through just fine.  Hope that helps!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 26, 2018 May 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok - so started experiencing this issue too - suddenly, after it was working perfectly for a good while.

Method three - holding shift while launching ME to clear preferences, worked.

What would be nice is for Adobe to explain how/why the preferences get corrupted, so we can avoid this?  Or better yet, fix it so it does not happen anymore?

I've experienced this problem more a year and half after the original post!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 24, 2018 Jul 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here.
Perhaps the bug has cropped up again with recent 2018 update?
Mine seems to be related to solo/muted audio tracks.
I drop in final mix below the original audio and solo that track, queue in AME - no rendered audio to speak of.
Return to timeline. Mute all others and "un-solo" the final mix track - queue in AME - only original now "muted" audio clips rendered.
Strangest most frustrating bug to work around i've experienced yet!
Adobe please respond ASAP!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 24, 2018 Jul 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

TaperPost

Do you hear the correct audio tracks in Premiere Pro, but not when queued to AME?

If you don't queue to AME, but encode directly via Premiere Pro, does it solve the issue?

Could you also try switching the option "Import sequences natively" in AME Preferences > General?  Does it make any difference?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 25, 2018 Jul 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the reply.
Yes, no issues playing in timeline or exporting directly from Premiere Pro.
"Import sequences natively" is ticked. Should i test it unticked?

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines