No PNG option for encoding Quicktimes in AME 2020

Participant ,
Jan 27, 2021 Jan 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi there, 

I know this might have been hashed out a year or two ago, so forgive if this is an old question.

I'm trying to batch convert some old motion graphics elements into a usable format as After Effects doesn't like their original codec any more (we don't support MooV or something)

In AME I select quicktime as the container but the only available options are Prores and MXF and I just want a QT PNG w/Alpha (RGBA). 

Why isn't this working? Can I get PNG back? Should I use a different container format?
In the end I just made PRORES 4444 XQ files, which is dumb as they're now bloated larger than the originals, but they're working and I can build this spot, but taking advice for upgrading my workflow here.

TOPICS
Export or render, Feature request, Formats, How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jan 27, 2021 Jan 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I couldn't see an option to edit my original post, but I forgot to describe my setup. 

running a Mac, OSX 10.15.7
Adobe Premier/AE CC2020

TIA!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines