Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

OSX Media Encoder/Premiere h264 render cuts off end

Community Beginner ,
Apr 30, 2021 Apr 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Everyone,

I have a MacPro (trashcan model), and when I render to h264 using premiere or media-encoder it cuts off the final second or so of footage. No errors. Just a file which is missing the final second or 2.

If I use my PC on the same file, it renders perfectly well.

any help appreciated.

TOPICS
Export or render

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 30, 2021 Apr 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In addition, if I render with any other codec (prores etc) on the same Mac, they all work well... It just seems to be an issue with that codec. Is there a way to reinstall a codec like that? I've uninstalled and reinstalled both premiere and ME and it didn't seem to help.

thanks in advance.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 04, 2021 May 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you please share your system info? Like OS version, CPU, RAM, GPU vRAM, AME version? Thanks. Also a screen grab of your issue will be helpful.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 09, 2021 May 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have found the 'cause' of the problem, but not the solution:

If I render saving locally, or to a local NAS drive (attached to local computer) then the render is fine.

If I render over ethernet (ie to a drive elsewhere on the network), then the end of the file cuts off.
And as I said, this is only with an H264 file. Any other file format renders perfectly well over the network.

any insights appreciated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 12, 2021 May 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue here. Tested on several iMacs and iMac Pros exporting to a QNAP NAS connected over ethernet. Freezes on the last 2 seconds exporting h.264 when exported to the server (fine with every other preset), but works when you export to the local drive. Also worth noting, if you export Prores (which plays fine) and then encode in Media Encoder 2021 to h.264 to the networked drive it does the glitchy thing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 12, 2021 May 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree... I have the same issue... encoding to H264 over the network, even
converting a previous render has the same result.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 10, 2021 May 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I hav a almost new MacPro, but I have the same problem. When I export to giff it's fine

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 19, 2022 Sep 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi !

Same problem for me. It only happens on short clips (less than 2 or 3 minutes).

One solution I found is to use VBR 2 pass option in the parameters. It seems to work fine like that, even if it's longer to render... 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines