• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Pipeline for streaming service

New Here ,
May 03, 2017 May 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trying to create a pipeline for an intermediate master file, with a 5.1 audio file, for a film streaming service(features) that has a limit of 50gig per file that they transcode into HLS streams. For obvious reasons I want to keep as high quality as possible before the transcoding and I've tried to create different kinds of settings, but I can't get anything to work. We usually start with a Prores file(in various formats) which I want to scale down to about 40mbit/s, and at the same transcode the audio from PCM to AAC or Dolby digital, and I want to stay in the 422.

But after a couple of frustrating days I still can't get it to work. I've tried with different XDCAM settings, but I can't can't get AAC 5.1 audio coded at the same time, because for some reason XDCAM is restricted to PCM or AAC Stereo.

I also tried a high resolution of h.264 that apparently have something called Hi422P Intra profile that will keep the 422 , but even if I set the Profile to High and the Level to 5.1 I still only get a 4:2:0 YUV.

So question number one: does the chrome subsampling to 4:2:0 affect the quality before transcoding one more time?

And two: does anyone know a way to 'open' the audio restrictions in different settings of Media encoder?

Johan

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
no replies

Have something to add?