• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Pixelated Graphics - How do AE/Premiere/ME handle scaling when rendering?

Explorer ,
Feb 18, 2018 Feb 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been trying to find a clear answer about rendering out of After Effects and Premiere without pixelation. What seems to be happening is that certain elements in my comps/sequences are rendered at a much lower resolution than other elements. So I get a clear graphic on top of a highly pixelated one. I'm rendering everything at maximum render quality using CUDA. I tried purging the cache.

What I imagine is happening is that because my original comp/sequence is 4k and my render resolution is 720p, at some point AE or Premiere or Media Encoder says "Hey, we're scaling everything down, so let's render all the elements at half the resolution no matter what their scale is." So the 4k footage looks ok while the 720p graphics look like a pile of potatoes.

What can I do to have everything rendered at its full resolution?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 21, 2018 Feb 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maybe including images of the problem will help:

Graphic used:

sharp.jpg

Output when rendered:

blurry.jpg

Got me scratching my head. I'd love to know why this is happening.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 29, 2018 Nov 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Pretty weird. Ever solve this, Fuzzy Onion? First thing I'd try is Software Only mode for Mercury Playback Engine.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 28, 2019 Feb 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Nope, I now render at full res and then re-encode at a lower res. Quite frustrating.

Thank you for the reply though.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines