Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere and Media Encoder Crashing at Same Spot "Failed to Render Frame"

New Here ,
Mar 01, 2017 Mar 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I am exporting my film and a festival requires my film to be delivered in ProRes 422 1080p at 23.97 FPS. When exporting at these settings, Premiere and Media Encoder both fail and crash at the same point in the film and "failed to render current frame". The export even crashes when I try to export the film with its native frame rate (29.97). Any idea why this keeps crashing or how to get around this? I have uninstalled and re-installed Media Encoder and cleared the cache.

My film's sequence settings are:

• 1920x1080
  • Square pixels
  • 29.97 FPS drop-frame

Attempted Export Settings

• 1920x1080
  • Apple Pro Res 422
  • Square Pixels
  • 23.97 FPS

My Computer's Settings:

• MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Mid 2015)
  • Professor 2.5 GHz Intel Core i7
  • Memory 16 GB 1600 MHz DDr3
  • Graphics Intel Iris Pro 1536 MB

This project exports in H.264 just fine in CC 16 but ever since CC 17, it's had trouble exporting, and the festival is requiring ProRes 422 in order for it to screen. Any help would be much appreciated

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 01, 2017 Mar 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jwgeneral,

As the Export is crashing with the error message "Failed to render current frame", it might be GPU issue.

1. What Effects are applied on the clip where the export is crashing?

2. Have you tried to change the renderer to Mercury Playback Engine software only & try export?

3. Are you able to export to H.264 format in Premiere Pro CC 2017?

Thanks,

Vidya

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 02, 2017 Mar 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Vidya,

I have exported this 21 minute video a few months back in ProRes with CC16 and it exported just fine. Ever since CC17, the ProRes export has been iffy. I attempted to export with Mercury Playback Engine software only twice in both Media Encoder and right from Premiere and both failed. Instead of the "Failed ted render current frame" warning, it just shut both softwares down and crashed. I think it trips up on some Dynamic Links later in the video, but by the time it crashes, it has already exported a handful of Dynamic Links from the same After Effects project. Like I said though, worked fine in CC16.

I can try to export in H.264 now. Only problem is the film festival refuses to screen if my film is encoded in H.264.

Screen Shot 2017-03-02 at 5.01.23 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 02, 2017 Mar 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Just tried to export the same video in H.264 and the export failed again. Any ideas why this video is now not exporting at all in CC17? Media Encoder in CC17 doesn't seem to be utilizing my full memory potential.Screen Shot 2017-03-02 at 12.07.02 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines