Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Pro: Media Cache Location Keeps Changing

New Here ,
Feb 08, 2018 Feb 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey everyone,

Using CC17 at the moment. Making the jump when I finish up some projects. At the moment I'm dealing with a really annoying issue. Everytime my computer is started up, media cache location defaults to the LR video cache folder. I have no clue why. My scratch folder is located on an internal drive, so it's never removed. What's causing this? On top of that, every time I open a project there's a handful of clips that I have to wait to conform over and over again. It seems to happen specifically to proxy files. Any ideas? Thanks in advance!27072350_10156174817381096_7147581857404615520_n.jpg

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 22, 2018 Oct 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Im having this exact issue.  it is very concerning that Adobe does not address basic tech issues like this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 29, 2018 Nov 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

NDamico,

Can you install the most recent update and see if you still have this problem?

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 05, 2019 Jul 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have the same issue and am on the most recent CC release (13.1.2). I thought it was because I occasionally, accidentally start up a project without my cache drive attached (I have a separate drive for the media cache), but even when Premiere is set to that external drive it will write to the default location on the local machine.

thanks,

Steve

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines