Problems with encoding to H264 MP4

New Here ,
Mar 29, 2021 Mar 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have an issue encoding to H264 MP4 using ME version 15 (2021). It does not completely encode the full video, while the rest of the video is just a frozen frame. Happens with all methods - dynamic linking or encoding a high res media directly on ME. 

Installed version 14.9 and it works fine.

Hope Adobe can look into an update soon to fix this. Thanks. 

TOPICS
Dynamic link, Error or problem, Export or render, Freeze or hang

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 29, 2021 Mar 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem too.

When I use the 2020 version of premiere pro / media encoder it crashed again ....

How can I usee the 14.9 version with premiere pro 2021 ?

Thank you in advance.

Hope Adobe can look into an update soon to fix this. Thanks. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 11, 2021 Apr 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Currently I'm doing a workaround. I'll export a high quality media, like a ProRes422 from AE or Premiere. Then import into Media Encoder 2020 to encode to H264. I'm not sure if this problem is only with Big Sur. Our other macs on older versions of OS don't seem to have this issue. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 12, 2021 Apr 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, isn't rely only on Big Sur (Mac), but affects Windows too. 

I hope Adobe will fix this asap.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 13, 2021 Apr 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're not alone. I'm also having the same issue and it only seems to be when encoding H.264, weirdly. 

I've been exporting out MOVs and then converting them to H.246 using ME 2020, annoying but it's a workaround!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 22, 2021 Apr 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here.  iMac Pro running Catalina 10.15.7 with ME 15.1

H264 any preset or custom settings my exported videos freeze on the last 5 seconds or so.  Preview looks fine in ME while it's rendering.  Went back to ME 14.9 and it's fixed.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 23, 2021 Apr 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I thought I was crazy, but know I know why rendering in h.264 didn't work. Even with a workaround exporting in MOV and then converting to mp4 in ME 15 didn't work.
Finding this conversation gave me the solution to go back to the older version and that helped! So thanks a lot!
But I hope that Above will fix this soon! 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 27, 2021 Apr 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi, in V15.1 the problem is solved (at least I do not experience the problem anymore), in the playback and making a selection on the timeline I notice a small delay between selection and starting playback, but still acceptable I think. So, try it and the batch problems of V14.9 and h.264 problems of V15.0 are past for you too. I also tried scene detection with a rather long ( > 1 hour) video; that did not crash (thank you ADOBE) , takes some time, but that is understandable / acceptable.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines