• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

ProRes 4444 missing from list of options (Win 7)

Explorer ,
Mar 02, 2016 Mar 02, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am working on a video that is encoded as ProRes 4444 in Premiere Pro and AE, when I finish I need to export the timeline in ProRes4444, but this seems to be missing from the list of codecs.

I do have Uncompressed 10bit 4 2 2.

Searched google and found a few sites that claim to sell this codec, but I don't want to part with money if it's not something I need.

Just to be clear, this is a Windows machine (win7)

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Mar 03, 2016 Mar 03, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi PaulEkert,

If you want to export ProRes 4444 from Windows, you might need to install some 3rd party codecs.

Get more information here:

Multiformat Video Encoding Software &#x7c Telestream Episode &#x7c Features

Also discussed here:

How to export file as ProRes (or best broadcast option) from PremierePro on PC w/ win 7

Thanks,

Kulpreet Singh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 05, 2016 Mar 05, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm also seeing this issue on Windows 7 (64-bit) with After Effects CC 2015.

Apple QuickTime ProRes 4444 is a third-party codec. I have the latest QuickTime Pro. The ProRes codecs used to be available in After Effects and Premiere. So, WTF?!? I've got to render a project ASAP!

UPDATE:

So, I found the link on Adobe.com to download After Effects CC (12). That's the last version that supports Apple's ProRes codecs without additional third-party software. Wish me luck!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 07, 2016 Mar 07, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the latest AE installed but I still don't see the 4444 codec. Are you saying I need quick time pro? Most websites I have read, including the ones linked above, imply that pro res 4444 on a windows platform is not possible.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 07, 2016 Mar 07, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi PaulEkert,

If you want to export ProRes 4444 from Windows, you might need to install some 3rd party codecs.

Get more information here:

Multiformat Video Encoding Software &#x7c Telestream Episode &#x7c Features

Also discussed here:

How to export file as ProRes (or best broadcast option) from PremierePro on PC w/ win 7

Thanks,

Kulpreet Singh

Do you have a slight more definitive answer for me other than I 'might' need to install 3rd party codecs?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 21, 2016 Apr 21, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the prores codecs installed and I have access to Prores 4444 from the AE Render panel but I don't see the Prores4444 setting in Media Encoder. Seems like If the codecs are installed they should show up, right? Instead I'm just getting all the 422 flavors.

Thoughts?

BTW: Here's the latest Apple Codec download: Pro Video Formats 2.0.4

Tom

2011 17" MBP - 2.3GHz i7 - 8gb Ram

OSX 10.9.5

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 24, 2016 Apr 24, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For windows users this news is somewhat devastating!?!?

Adobe scrambles to untangle itself from QuickTime after Apple throws it over a cliff • The Register

If I can't use AE with QT, I can no longer work with pro res files at all. That means I'll have to transcode, somehow, or use alternative software!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 20, 2016 Sep 20, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

So, @Adobe, any updates on native support for @Apple ProRes 4444? It's really important. #VFX #AfterEffects

I have two workarounds, but I don't like either of them:

• buy a Mac Mini to convert rendered TIFFs to ProRes 4444,
  • use ffmpeg, but this has proved to be problematic, up to this point.

Help us, @Adobe!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines