• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

ProRes Export Exactly the Same as Original XAVC-S Footage

Community Beginner ,
Nov 27, 2016 Nov 27, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I downloaded the Adobe Media Encoder ProRes Presets and used them to convert a batch of XAVC-S footage (from a Sony a7s) to ProRes 422 HQ. When I imported the exported ProRes footage into the timeline and compared it with the original XAVC-S footage I found that it was exactly the same and nothing had changed. Can anyone help? Obviously I am converting to ProRes HQ in order to get a better result, not the exact same result.

Also, it converts my 50p footage to 25p without slowing it down, meaning I lose the slow-mo. Why is that happening and how can I fix it?

FYI I am using Adobe CC 2017.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 28, 2016 Nov 28, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can NEVER make video look better by simply converting to another format, even uncompressed. Whatever picture information that was recorded in the original clip is all you have to work with. Converting to another format, even though less compressed, does not add any more picture info that you had to begin with.

If you have 50p footage, and want to export as 50p, both the Sequence and Export settings would also have to be 50p.

From Project Bin, right-click a clip and select New Sequence from Clip. This will maintain settings of original clip (frame size, frame rate, etc.) Then when exporting, be sure to also choose 50 frames per second.

If you can please post a screen shot of the Export Settings panel, that will be helpful to troubleshoot the issue

Thanks

Jeff Pulera

Safe Harbor Computers

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 06, 2016 Dec 06, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks Jeff! I'm not actually exporting from Premiere, I'm just using AME to encode the files, so there's no timeline involved. I suppose I would have to encode the 25p files and the 50p files separately in order to retain framerate.

With regards to making the video look better, I do get better results when I use Apple's built in encode feature to convert to ProRes and have more flexibility when grading those clips, however when I use AME there is absolutely no difference. Not sure how to explain it but that's what happens.

Thanks again!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines