• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Prores import not supported in AME (mac)

New Here ,
Oct 03, 2017 Oct 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've come across some old quicktime prores 422HQ outputs created in FCP7 and when I try import them into AME CC 2017.1.2 I get an error saying the video codec is not supported.

I'm on an iMac 5k Retina (late 2014) running Sierra 10.12.5.

I can play the files using quicktime, vlc, mplayerx etc with no problem whatsoever. I can even drop them into mpeg streamclip without any issues.

Has anyone come across this before or have a fix for this?

Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 04, 2017 Oct 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've had old DV-NTSC QuickTime movies be rejected by AME and Premiere Pro while they open in just about everything else, including After Effects.  This was in the very early days of AME and while it was possible to drag AE project files to AME and choose Comps from it for encoding, I chose to export new DV-NTSC QuickTimes via the AE Render Queue and continued from there with the new versions of the clips (despite the extra DV/DVCPro compression pass).

You could try importing your Apple ProRes clips into another Adobe application like Premiere Pro or After Effects and then send them to AME from there.  (I'm not sure if this'll work, but it's worth a try).

You should have been good to go through with your system, OS and CC versions.  It's the little things like this that can make you nuts, right?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 10, 2017 Oct 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are these by any chance QuickTime Reference Files? If not, do they have the .mov extension on the end of them?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 10, 2017 Oct 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

They're not reference files and they do have .mov extensions on them.

There were 10 files and only 3 of them actually went into AME ok, I checked each file for consistency and they're all the same specs.

In the end I just ended up using Mpeg Streamclip!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines