Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

ProRes presets for Media Encoder CC now available for download

Adobe Employee ,
Feb 26, 2014 Feb 26, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone,

We have new ProRes output presets available for Media Encoder CC. You can download the presets here

While the new presets do not add new functionality to Media Encoder, they do provide added convenience. By definition, these presets are for use on Mac OS. If you are on Mac OS X 10.8, or 10.9, the ProRes codecs come installed with your operating system. If you are using Mac OS X 10.7, you will need to install one of the Apple Pro apps (Final Cut Pro, Motion, Compressor, etc.) for the presets to function correctly.

Here’s what’s new with the Media Encoder CC ProRes presets:

• Preset names have been updated to say "SD" (instead of “DV")
  • The Field Order of PAL SD presets changed from "Lower" to "Upper"
  • Frame Size of NTSC SD presets changed from 720x480 to 720x486. This is based on Apple's ProRes specifications. If 720x480 versions are needed you can create your own User presets with these settings.
  • Enhanced support for multi-track audio sources. New "Audio Track Layout" and "Channel Layout" sections let you specify the number of exported tracks, track types (single track, dual mono, or stereo pairs), and channel mapping for 5.1 audio

Please note: the ProRes presets should only be installed on AME CC (7.x). They may not work correctly in AME CS6 or earlier versions.

If you have any questions, please let us know.

Eric

TOPICS
Tips and tricks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 28, 2014 Feb 28, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Eric,

Much appreciated, but I was wondering when we might expect a framerate and resolution independent way of transcoding media?

Sometimes (as in most of the time) I don't really care about changing resolutions or retiming anything, I usually just have a pile of media that I would like to conform to a single codec, independent of framerate or resolution, like at this very moment.

Right now I need to transcode 100+ clips in various flavors of h.264, mp4, and animation codec in order to get this media into Resolve.  I don't want to have to specify different framerates and resolutions, I just want them transcoded to ProRes.

The presets are nice, but the ability to do what I'm needing would greatly reduce the need for presets like these.

Thoughts?

Thanks!

Message was edited by: Graham Hutchins, added a line.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 20, 2014 Jun 20, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Will these presets work with Adobe Media Encoder CC 2014?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 23, 2014 Jun 23, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just tested with AME 2014, seem to work fine. Just follow the same procedure for importing the presets.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 13, 2014 Nov 13, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am unable to install the presets on my iMac running the latest OS. I go through all the installation steps and nothing happens. No presets to be found.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 26, 2015 Feb 26, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Is there any way to get these running on windows for premier pro cc 2014 ?

Thank You,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 02, 2015 Jul 02, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am in need for this codec on Windows. Does Adobe have an answer for this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ken,

There’s no native way to export ProRes on Windows as it is a Apple codec and hence supported on MAC. To the best of my knowledge, there is absolutely no Premiere support for third-party tools (such as Cinemartin) that claim ProRes exports from Premiere Pro.

PC Windows Prores encoder and video converter

However, Premiere Pro supports prores imports which are decoded by Native QuickTime Prores.

//Vinay

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I see. Thank you for your quick response Vinay. The only answer then is a stand alone converter, like Cinmartin's Cinec?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ken,

That is the only Plugin that we have suggested till now, but as I said there is no confirmation of it on behalf of Adobe as we haven't tested it. So, you can try some search and find any other plugin that can do the job for you.

//Vinay

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, thank you for the information.

cheers,

Ken

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 22, 2015 Dec 22, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I find it very surprising that the preset package doesn't even include any 4K or 1080p60fps presets? When will that be released?

-Trygve

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 01, 2016 Oct 01, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I second this, please add 4k!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 28, 2017 May 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Also the profile is ProRes 422. Not HQ.

Adobe needs to make it easier on their users, many people are making mistakes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines