• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Questions about stitching clips together - how to prevent audible clicks in an audio track?

Explorer ,
Feb 01, 2019 Feb 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For a start I will tell you what I would like to achieve because maybe there is a better way to do it - I would like to render a sort of "music video" in parts (over the course of few nights) rather than in one go over few days and few nights, as I need computer during daytime.

So I thought the way to do it is to render separate sections and then stitch them together with AME. As far as I understand, using "Match Source (Rewrap)" setting (when stitching clips) will not do any transcoding but literally only stitch the clips together so there will be no quality loss right?

But the problem is that when I stitch the clips together I can hear an audible click in an audio track which means that stitching is not sample accurate on an audio level. In a test I did now my stitches were as precise as possible on video level - if one clip had frames from 1 to 1000, second clip had frames from 1001 to 2000 etc.

If I try to put my clips together on Premiere Pro timeline and use one continuous audio track and and select Match Source (Rewrap) when exporting, I get the error message in AME:

"The source file's video stream is not compatible with this preset. Please choose a different preset"

Clips are Quicktime, Prores4444 codec.

Your help would be much appreciated!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 01, 2019 Feb 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PS: audio sampling rate is 48.000 and video material has 60FPS so there should be exactly 800 audio samples per 1 video frame

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 02, 2019 Feb 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hmmm... yeah, the audio pop is unexpected.

Have you tried assembling the clips in a Premiere Pro Sequence to taking advantage of Smart Rendering?  Smart rendering in Premiere Pro  

It'll avoid recompression when possible, hopefully giving you the same results without introducing the audio pops.

Or course, it takes a little more time to setup.

If you happen to have a system still running QuickTime Player Pro, another alternative is to copy and paste each segment into a new, untitled movie clip and then saving that as self-contained (everything just copies into the new file rather than getting recompressed).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried assembling the clips in a Premiere Pro Sequence to taking advantage of Smart Rendering?  Smart rendering in Premiere Pro 

I tried yesterday and got the error message but then I tried again today and it worked - I either did some mistake yesterday or reseting the computer solved the problem... however, thank you for pointing this out!

Btw, when using the Match Source (Rewrap) function, why are there "Use Maximum Render Quality" and "Render at Maximum Depth" options still available? I assume they shouldn't have any function when rewrapping right?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Btw, when using the Match Source (Rewrap) function, why are there "Use Maximum Render Quality" and "Render at Maximum Depth" options still available? I assume they shouldn't have any function when rewrapping right?

Yes, those two options don't do anything if rewrapping a clip.

Use Maximum Render Quality is specific to when you're calling footage below 100% (usually for picture in picture).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines