• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Quicktime encoding using x264 encoder failing in AME 6.0.2.81 and Mac OS 10.8.2

Explorer ,
Jan 13, 2013 Jan 13, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trying to encode an x264 codec Quicktime using AME 6.0.2.81 and Mac OS 10.8.2. I also tried it with two versions of the x264 encoder which I downloaded from here: http://www.macupdate.com/app/mac/24173/x264encoder

This encoder works 100% fine and better than the h264 encoder when using Apple Compressor and Apple QT Pro V7. I've been however trying to transition all of my video encodes to AME due to a number of reasons: dynamic link to AE, Premiere and the interface to name a few.

Everytime I start an encode it gives me an error and I hear that blasted sheep. lol. This is what the log displays, which is frankly probably no help to anyone.

-------------------------------------------------------

- Encoding Time: 00:00:00

01/13/2013 04:48:10 PM : Encoding Failed

Export Error

Error compiling movie.

Unknown error.

I've also tried to specify the bitrate and have had no luck. Whether I specify the bitrate or not, I still get the error. The source video has been PNG sequences and ProRes movies at 1920x1080, 29.97fps. Both result in the same unknown error.

Any suggestions? Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Jul 08, 2014 Jul 08, 2014

I know this is pretty old now, but I thought I'd add a reply for those who are having this issue. I just had AME CC 2014 fail on me today, and this is the FIRST thing I've ever tried to render with it. I'm using a TGA sequence and exporting to an X264 codec Quicktime MOV file at 720p. I restarted a few times, repaired permissions etc. and nothing worked except for the following.

I went to:

Library/Preferences/Adobe/Adobe Media Encoder/8.0/

I deleted the entire 8.0 folder (or you could delete whate

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 16, 2013 Jan 16, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi ,

Please try steps in following tech note :

http://helpx.adobe.com/premiere-pro/kb/error-compiling-movie-warning-or.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Looks like that is only for Windows machines. As stated above, I'm on Mac OS 10.8.2.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This more general document should help.  It contains links that will help you troubleshoot.

http://helpx.adobe.com/premiere-pro/kb/error-compiling-movie-rendering-or.html

Jeff

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Jeff. I'll take a peek at this but it seems this is actually for Premiere issues. I'm only experiencing this in AME.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

AME and Premiere Pro share the same encoding engine, but AME's access to

it takes a different path than Premiere Pro does. My hope is that the

troubleshooting steps in that document and its links will clear away

whatever obstacle is in AME's path.

Jeff

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Gotcha. Yeah I'll look through this. Thanks.

My concern is that the x264 encoder works with Compressor and QuickTime fine. I have 24GB of ram and plenty of hard drive space, rendering to a 1080p 29.97 format.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, I'm not sure why it's working today but it is. Just tried one at 720p and 1080p. Both worked fine. I believe I had After Effects open last time, so maybe it was an issue with memory. I wasn't using AE when encoding with AME in my past tests, but I'm sure just having the program open was taking too much memory away from AME. I assumed that AME and AE shared the available memory (Memory settings in AE lead me to believe that's true), but having AE open will use more RAM obviously. One would think you'd be able to have AE and AME running at the same time if you have 8 cores and 24GB of RAM. Regardless of what was causing the issue before, I'm just happy to have x264 working again. It's better quality and much faster than h264.

Thanks for all the help man.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're welcome.  Glad you got it working again.

Jeff

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 08, 2014 Jul 08, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know this is pretty old now, but I thought I'd add a reply for those who are having this issue. I just had AME CC 2014 fail on me today, and this is the FIRST thing I've ever tried to render with it. I'm using a TGA sequence and exporting to an X264 codec Quicktime MOV file at 720p. I restarted a few times, repaired permissions etc. and nothing worked except for the following.

I went to:

Library/Preferences/Adobe/Adobe Media Encoder/8.0/

I deleted the entire 8.0 folder (or you could delete whatever version you are having problems with). I then restarted AME and the preferences were recreated and I could successfully use the x264 codec again. Hope this helps someone.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Aug 11, 2014 Aug 11, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Doesn't work for me.  I'm using 8.0.1.48.  I deleted all the preference folders in that location, and also in ~/Documents/Adobe/Adobe Media Encoder.  The only exports that don't work (that I know of) are x264Encoder.  The error log shows:

- Encoding Time: 00:00:00

08/11/2014 07:23:26 PM : Encoding Failed

Export Error

Error compiling movie.

Unknown error.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines