• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

"error compiling movie/export error/error completing render" when exporting from premiere, "Encode failed because the source duration is nil." exporting from media encoder

Sep 08, 2017 Sep 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello all,

I am all of a sudden unable to export from a Premiere project.  If I export from Media Encoder, my usual preferred method, it stops and says "failed" about 10 minutes in.  When I click "failed", I get this error message in my textedit:

Screen Shot 2017-09-08 at 4.02.10 PM.png

When I try to export from Premiere, I get this pop up error message:

Screen Shot 2017-09-08 at 3.19.47 PM.png

The media in the project is all transcoded to ProRes 422 (LT), and I am exporting H264 files with the Vimeo 1080p HD preset (as I have always done).  I have never seen these exporting errors before, and have exported iterations of this project countless times.  It has been about two months since I had last opened the project.  All of my other projects (most of which are also transcoded to ProRes 422 LT codec before editing, but not all) export just fine.

I am suspicious of the "source file" line in the Media Encoder error message, which is from a cache folder and is just a folder that contains audio?  What is the source file?  What should my source file be?  Could this have changed without my knowing it? 

I am completely baffled, any help is greatly appreciated as I am under a quickly approaching deadline.

thank you.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
no replies

Have something to add?