Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Reduce file size?

Community Beginner ,
Dec 09, 2020 Dec 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I shot and edited a friends wedding a few years ago. The DVD has been damaged and they would like an original copy. I'd like to upload the complete video to Vimeo, but the master files is over 4GB.

Does anyone know a good way to reduce the file size and maintain the quality?

Many thanks

Philip

TOPICS
Export or render , Formats

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Dec 21, 2020 Dec 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Philip,

The short answer is I would recommend following Vimeo's compression guidelines (pasted below). In the case of getting it down to 4GB, that depends on the resolution and bit rate. I'd definately go with H.264. Naturally, the larger/smaller the resolution (HD or SD), the larger/smaller the file size. Also, the bit rate, which controls the visual quality, determines the quality and file size of whichever resolution that you pick. When you go to export your video, Premiere Pro and Media Encoder will estimate the final file size, so you can pick a value that will compress the video down to the 4GB limit.

https://vimeo.com/help/compression

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines