• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Rendering from After Effects to Media Encoder crashes PC

New Here ,
Jul 14, 2020 Jul 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been having a love-hate with rendering my compositions from AA 2019 version 16.1 to AME 2019 version 13.0.2. I was previously rendering my finished compositions in AA but I was experiencing my pc crashing and the "blue screen of death" which I possibly recall saying "Memory 10" (not 100% sure). I looked up solutions and saw that using AME was a solution, so I started using that and was not having issues rendering my compositions for some time. However the past two days I've been trying to render two separate compositions of different lengths (one is 7 min 30 sec the other is 15 min 33 sec). I've previously rendered the shorter composition without issues, however I added some additional editing (Lumtri colour) to it and for both pieces they crash my pc about 1 hour into rendering.

I have tried decreasing the effects used, I've turned only enabled Mercury Playback Engine Software Only, I clean the Media cache database each time before use and I've adjusted my pc's minimum and maximum processor state (Min to 50% Max to 98%).

I do not have any other programs running while AME is rendering, I close all background programs and see that my allotted memory is only being used by AME.

The format I am using for my videos is H264 to YouTube 720pHD. I am not particular as long as the resolution is 1280X720 as I import the finished videos into another video editing program for further editing. I have 2 internal hard drives (C & D) and 1 external hard drive (E). I am using my secondary installed hard drive (D) to store my work.
PC specs

Intel Core i7-2600 CPU @ 3.40GHz 8 GB RAM
Graphics: NVIDIA GEForce GT710 (latest drivers installed)

OS Windows 10 Pro version 1903 OS build 18363.900 64 bit.

I am unable to update my programs to 2020 version at this time (budget). Please help I have lost far too much work time and it is beyond frustrating to get anything done. Thank you!

*Update* I have updated AA to 2020 17.0.1 and AME 2020 14.04.

TOPICS
Crash , Error or problem , Export or render

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 16, 2020 Jul 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there,

I appreciate you writing in. I read the entire post and understood that everytime you used After Effects for exporting your project, it gave you Blue screen error. After that, you started using AME which worked fine for you until a couple of days ago.

I'd like to mention that (This is my analysis based on the issue description you shared)

• The system details that you've shared do not meet the minimum requirements for running After Effects. Check out this article to know more: System requirements for After Effects 2020 I assume this is the reason you are getting issues related to inadequate system's hardware utilization.
  • The blue screen error usually occurs when the graphics card driver is not updated to the latest version or if the driver is not compatible with the version of the application you have installed.

I would recommend you to update your hardware as per the recommended requirements for the application. Also, please take a look at this article to optimize performance for After Effects: https://helpx.adobe.com/after-effects/using/improve-performance.html

Let us know if you have any other questions. 

Regards,

Shivangi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines