• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Rendering Preset To Edit In

New Here ,
Oct 17, 2017 Oct 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been slowly figuring out how to do things with Premiere and learned I can encode my footage with media encoder so the edit is a lot smoother. My question is how do I know what dnxhd setting to encode my footage in? When I was making a new preset to do it there are a bunch of dnxhd settings like 10 bit, 12 bit, 444 how do I know which one to use?  Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, The_Kyle:

Picking good settings for editing are key, but as you've noticed there is still a lot to choose from.

What platform are you on?  (Mac/Windows)

Do you need to be cross-platform in your workflow?

When it comes time to delivering your videos, where are they going?  Social Media?  Corporate/Industrial Video?  Film festivals?  TV spots?

Are you doing effects work and/or color correction?

As long as you pick something that that meets or exceeds what you need for your delivery settings, you're in good shape.

-Warren

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using Windows.  As of now I do not need to be cross-platform but am planning on buying a macbook in the future and will need to know how to do it then.  My videos are currently only going to youtube and I am doing some effects and color corrections.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Also I use a variety of cameras.  I use a Canon 70D, Gopro, DJI Mavic, and Note 8 phone.  I mostly shoot in 1080 24fps.  But sometimes do 720 at 240fps on the Note 8 and 1080 at 120fps on the mavic.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines