Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Rotating video 90 degrees in Adobe Media Encoder

New Here ,
May 03, 2017 May 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a lot of videos that are taken along and that is not good for me

How I turn the video 90 degrees as easily as you can do other conversion software but not quality

I use Premiere occasionally but it's a complicated trick

I would be happy with you to add an option or teach me how to do it in Media Encoder

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Sep 01, 2017 Sep 01, 2017

Hi TomP,

That cannot be done in Adobe Media Encoder, but you can easily achieve this in Adobe Premiere Pro.

After doing that you can export your video from Media Encoder.

Here are some useful tutorials and documents:

How to Rotate a Video in Adobe Premiere Pro - YouTube

Exporting workflows in Premiere Pro

Thanks,

Kulpreet Singh

Votes

Translate

Translate
Sep 01, 2017 Sep 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi TomP,

That cannot be done in Adobe Media Encoder, but you can easily achieve this in Adobe Premiere Pro.

After doing that you can export your video from Media Encoder.

Here are some useful tutorials and documents:

How to Rotate a Video in Adobe Premiere Pro - YouTube

Exporting workflows in Premiere Pro

Thanks,

Kulpreet Singh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 24, 2020 Apr 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've got to say that it's ridiculous that this cannot be done in Media Encoder. One can add captions, colour correct and a myriad of other things including crop and resize, but you cannot rotate 10 years into the the ages of smartphones. You have to launch Premier or After Effects instead - Completely crazy making. Please add this to the wanted features list!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 14, 2020 Jun 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Albeit I'm not a software developer and I have great respect for the minds whom create the digital tools that I use everyday, I have to echo the previous comment here from @paulliamkerr.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 24, 2020 Nov 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This does not actually work Kulpreet. The exporting workflows clip will not retain the rotation and just output the source clips exactly as they are. Whoever put the "correct answer" on this needs to remove it. I know this is three years old, but it is SUPER frustrating that even the workaround does not work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 03, 2021 May 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I confirm, filming in smartphone format with a camera requires a 90 degree rotation to be viewed on a computer, it's amazing that Media Encoder does not offer this simple feature.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 15, 2023 May 15, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 13, 2022 Oct 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This may be helpful if you're using a mac. If you right click the file in question, and go to quick actions, selecting "rotate left" will rotate the file 90 degrees. Also once you do this, premeire will recognize the change and adjust the files automatically.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 13, 2022 Oct 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We do also have rotate as a feature in Media Encoder. It is currently in beta and will be released later this year. 

Regards,

Fergus

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 14, 2022 Oct 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tried this ROTATE function: it's very inconsistent, even uses odd instead of even numbers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What are these inconsistencies? Are you referencing to the new AME Beta roation feature?
Announcement: Rotate & scaling features coming to Media Encoder

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Disregard my message: mixing up two different features. I was testing the Crop in the source tab.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines