Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Same video conversion file, GPU works on one machine but not the other

New Here ,
Apr 18, 2018 Apr 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I a newbie and asking a question on behalf of my son.

We have an Asus PC, I7-6700,, GTX 950 2GB and when I export the file cpu and gpu are utilised (as seen in the windows task manager).

I just purchased an Asus Laptop, i7-770HQ, GTX 1060 3GB, cpu utilised but the gpu is not.

The pc will process the video in about 6 minutes, the laptop in about 16 minutes.

The project renderer shows CUDA on both.

The file is being exported in Format H264 and present is High Quality 1080p HD.

I've read that gpu is only used on certain effects, but here I'm encoding both files exactly the same,

Surely  the faster processer and gpu should be faster, and why is the Gpu used on the PC and not the laptop ?

If I change the format to AVI gpu works on the laptop.

Running windows 10 creators update and the latest Nvidia video drivers and the same Adobe CC version on both.

TIA

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You may need to disable the onboard graphics for laptop, forcing it to use the Nvidia card exclusively. Do a web search on specific way to do that

Thanks

Jeff

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jeff

Sorry I forgot to mention that there no other graphics card shown on the windows device manager.

I had seen that in the thread and it was a dead end.

Checked the bios as well, only the GTX 1060 shows

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Jeff,

No Optimus support on the laptop, its an Asus GL702V.

Tried NVidia setting and there is no option to force gpu on adobe, or any other app

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines