• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

See estimated size of large batch render output?

New Here ,
Mar 20, 2017 Mar 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey all..

I need to encode a bunch of clips from various folders and the IT person wants to be able to allocate space on the file server before the render starts..

Is there an option for me to do that within Adobe Media Encoder for estimated job output size?

Please let me know as soon as possible.

Thanks in advance!!

PS... I know there is this site but I need to have this done on a massive and as accurate scale as possible.

Video Space Calculator - Digital Rebellion

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Mar 20, 2017 Mar 20, 2017

It's going to be difficult to estimate this accurately. Even for codecs that have an average bitrate, that is most often a target rather than a fixed limit. The end result will be in that ballpark but the encoder is allowed to miss the target by a certain percentage. Multi-pass encoding will get you closer to that limit, at the expense of extra encoding time.

My advice would be to use a codec calculator to give you a ballpark figure and then add on a 20-30% buffer.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,
Mar 20, 2017 Mar 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It's going to be difficult to estimate this accurately. Even for codecs that have an average bitrate, that is most often a target rather than a fixed limit. The end result will be in that ballpark but the encoder is allowed to miss the target by a certain percentage. Multi-pass encoding will get you closer to that limit, at the expense of extra encoding time.

My advice would be to use a codec calculator to give you a ballpark figure and then add on a 20-30% buffer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines