Server or workstation hardware optimzed for AME?

New Here ,
Sep 04, 2018 Sep 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear forum,

we are planning a small transcoding farm using several Adobe Media Encoders and a thiry-party tool called Helmut IO (Remote Node Renderer) from Moovit. The Helmut-tool is managing the jobs from watchfolders and Premiere client panels and assigns them to an idle encoding node.

On the one hand I am very happy to find that AME runs fine on any machine I have tried so far, on the other hand I would like to know whether there's an optimal hardware choice for AME. So far the AME is running ok on HP Z800 (with Quadro4000) and HP DL360G7 (without GPU).

I my mind I would go with some sort of server hardware and a GPU, but I have not figured out yet what codecs are significantly accelerated with a CUDA-compatible card. Since the CS6 times have passed and not only Quadro-cards are supported, a regular GTX-card should do well. In terms of CPU, Adobe recommends less cores and higher frequency.

If anyone has some input on that issue I would greatly appreciate it.

Best Regards,

Silvan

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
no replies

Have something to add?