• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Severe System Lag / Beachball / etc when Media Encoder 2019 is Encoding.

Explorer ,
Jun 10, 2019 Jun 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are many issues with M.E. 2019, this is specifically in regards to it having severe effects on responsiveness of all other applications when encoding. In my case, it's an AE project. I'm on a 2017 iMac Retina, on Mojave 10.14.4 with 64gb ram and a Radeon Pro 580. I have tried both Open CL and Mercury Metal encoding. No change.

I get beachball or just a stuck cursor for 2-3 seconds every 5-6 seconds, making the computer pretty much unusable while encoding. Typing this post took a half hour. Many of my projects use Element 3D, but I have always been able to use M.E. with very little tax on system prior to 2019.

I have uninstalled, reinstalled and had multiple updates on both AE and M.E. and wiped preferences, no change. (though it did fix some other problems)

In system activity I notice the GPU is almost completely maxed out while the CPU usage and memory usage is almost none.

I'm open to work-arounds, but downgrading my AE isn't an option as most of my projects were created in 2019.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 10, 2019 Jun 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Have you updated your GPU drivers? If your system is becoming unresponsive during render, I would think it's maxed out Ram, but if you say utilization is low during render then that's strange. Maybe try playing with the Preferences > Memory settings as well to see if that fixes anything.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines