• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

SFTP

Explorer ,
Jan 25, 2018 Jan 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was searching through the forums and found a few people ask about SFTP support (since 2012) for AME publish presets. This seems such a basic feature and the answer is always to make a feature request. There is very little documentation about the FTP publish feature, but nothing there says there is NO support for SFTP. So how about just updating the documentation? Surely that doesn't take any resources to add the disclaimer. I spent a couple of hours banging my head on the desk to figure out what was happening. Adobe, this is such a silly-basic feature, it might be almost as easy just to add the feature. Or is no one using SFTP out there anymore?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 29, 2018 Jan 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What about third-party solutions via one of the SDKs?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 29, 2018 Jan 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Use this for feature requests: Feature Request/Bug Report Form

This is mainly a community forum, we can't get new features added.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 30, 2018 Jan 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, got it. Did it years ago and each year since, I don't remember when. I was asking specifically about third party options.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Feb 19, 2021 Feb 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I wanted to ask if there are best practices or tips on how to use SFTP? The security department in our institution is about to shut down or video publishing workflows involving FTP.

So far we use Adobe Media Encoder with Custom Presets to transfer finished edits by our team on various inhouse editing stations onto our streaming server via FTP. We cannot access the webserver as a network folder.

I am surprised, that there aren't more people banging onto Adobe's doors for this. Is there a common solution that I am not aware of?

FYI:

I, too, made feature requests several years ago. Even Alan Tépper wrote an article encouraging Adobe to implement this 11 years ago (https://www.provideocoalition.com/sftp_an_open_letter_to_all_software_developers_with_ftp_only_suppo...)

Currently, there are two entries on Adobe User Voice:

https://adobe-video.uservoice.com/forums/911308-media-encoder/suggestions/36175006-sftp-upload-from-...

https://adobe-video.uservoice.com/forums/911308-media-encoder/suggestions/35244694-secure-ftp

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines