• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

SMPTE bars when exporting to MP4

Community Beginner ,
Nov 13, 2018 Nov 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been having issues since I upgraded from CC18 to 19. When I send a comp from AE to AME and render it as an MP4, some of the footage renders out like this:

mp4 issues.JPG

90% of the footage in the comp renders fine but there are a few files that end up with this test screen instead. The files are linked and haven't been changed at all. 

When I export through AE's render queue as an MOV and then export that file to an MP4 through AME, the video ends up totally fine.

I have no clue what's happening here. Anybody out there have an idea?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 16, 2018 Nov 16, 2018

If the footage is HEVC, unfortunately, you've run into a bug. This is a known issue with the team and will be fixed in a future update. The first patch releases usually come very soon after major releases, so I'm hoping it won't be much longer before this one is fixed. Currently, the only workaround is to export directly out of AE then convert in AME.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Nov 16, 2018 Nov 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If the footage is HEVC, unfortunately, you've run into a bug. This is a known issue with the team and will be fixed in a future update. The first patch releases usually come very soon after major releases, so I'm hoping it won't be much longer before this one is fixed. Currently, the only workaround is to export directly out of AE then convert in AME.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines