Exit

Source Duration Nil

New Here ,
Apr 30, 2019 Apr 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When  I try to export my video, its says failed and then gives me this message:

- Source File: C:\Users\realf\AppData\Local\Temp\cat disection full.prproj

- Output File: C:\Users\realf\Downloads\school\Adobe Premiere Pro Auto-Save\y2mate.com - charlie_schmidts_keyboard_cat_the_original_J---aiyznGQ_360p.wmv

- Preset Used: HD 720p 59.94

- Video: 1280x720 (1.0), 59.94 fps, Progressive, 00;27;10;52

- Audio: Windows Media Audio 10 Professional, 44100 Hz, Stereo, 24 bit

- Bitrate: VBR, 2 pass Constrained, Avg 5000.00 kbps

- Encoding Time: 00:00:02

05/01/2019 12:05:13 AM : Encoding Failed

-----------------------------------------------------

Encode failed because the source duration is nil.

-----------------------------------------------------

What do i do to fix this?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 04, 2019 May 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the Export Settings windows, set the Source Range to Work Area. If that dosen´t fix it, try a shorter file name than the one you use now and avoid periods (.) in the exported file name.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 04, 2019 May 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How full is your hard drive?  What size is it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 17, 2021 Jan 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

man i kiss you on your forehead thank you so much i can't thank you enough

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 03, 2022 Jan 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This didn't work for me but thanks for the suggestion.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 28, 2019 Sep 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I finally found my fix. Somehow the timeline didn't have my area that I wanted to render actually selected. I know that I pulled the ending to the end of the video that I wanted generated, but somehow the beginning and ending of the sequence to be rendered was at the same position.

A helpful thing to do is to look at the top of the timeline. If the bar is yellow or red, it's not rendered yet. If the area is green, then it's rendered and potentially could be successful. Refer to this video which kinda explains it, but has a different problem that he attempting to solve

After ensuring the appropriate section of the timelien is done, Go Sequence menu: Sequence -> Render Entire Work Area. It should take seconds to minutes to render unless it's already green. Try going to Sequence -> Delete Render Files. Then attempt to Render Entire Work Area again.....that should take longer. If not, ensure that the appropiate sequence is properly set!!!

clipboard_image_0.png

clipboard_image_0.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 03, 2022 Jan 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

None of the replies fixed my issue which is the same as yours? After three years, did you manage to find a solution or a tip?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 25, 2022 Apr 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I had the exact same issue. I fixed it by changing the file type from MP3 to H.264. For some reason, this fixed it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines