• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Spring 2017 update bug: Lumetri grades not passing through into ME from PPRO.

Apr 21, 2017 Apr 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After updating to the spring 2017 update for everything. When exporting my project through media encoder from premier. The lumetri grades are not transferring and all exported material doe not have a grade on it.

Anyone having this issue?

Anyone have a fix?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Apr 24, 2017 Apr 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Temporary work around. here Media Encoder CC 2015.3 Rendering Colors incorrectly

Turning use previews on seems to work. but i dont think thats a good thing to have to do.

Is there anyway to get a real fix?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 27, 2017 Apr 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Guysmilez, I'm sorry this is happening. My account doesn't reflect it yet but I am on the Premiere team at Adobe. In testing on my end things are working as expected so I need some more information about your setup if you don't mind.

Was the project you are exporting from created in an earlier version of Premiere? If so, if you do a test in a new project created in 2017.1 does the issue happen?

How are you sending to Media Encoder?

Does the Lumetri effect look correct in the Export Settings window in Media Encoder, or is it also missing there?

Does exporting from Premiere directly work?

Any other information you can give me to help me reproduce on my end is very helpful, thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
May 01, 2017 May 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Was the project you are exporting from created in an earlier version of Premiere? If so, if you do a test in a new project created in 2017.1 does the issue happen?

The project is was created before spring 2017 update.

If so, if you do a test in a new project created in 2017.1 does the issue happen?

I just tried a new project. and yes it does seem to be working if the project was not converted from a old project. Is there a way to make it work when using and old project? I have alot of old projects that i may still need to get into and it would stink to have to have the old premier just for this.

How are you sending to Media Encoder?

I'm sending it through export in premier then hitting the queue button

Does the Lumetri effect look correct in the Export Settings window in Media Encoder, or is it also missing there?

it is also missing in the preview export window in AME

Does exporting from Premiere directly work?

Exporting from premier does work properly. but sucks cause i export while still editing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 02, 2017 May 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the additional information! In theory, it should work to do what you're doing when opening a project from an older version so the fact that it's not in your setup is a problem we'd like to get to the bottom of.

I just did a test on my end going from 2015.3 (10.4.0) to the current 2017.1 (11.1) version as well as from 2017 (11.0) to 2017.1 (11.1) and in both cases the Lumetri effects came over fine and exported fine via queuing to AME.

Are you able to track down exactly which older version you are coming from? Also I'm curious, are the Lumetri effects custom ones that you dialed in, or are they using any of the LUTs or presets?

Finally, is it possible for you to attach or otherwise send me a project file that isn't working for you in 2017.1? Ideally it would be with some of the media as well but if that isn't feasible I can see what I can tell from just the project without media.

Thanks,

Matt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
May 03, 2017 May 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I kept everything up to date so it would have been the version right before the update.

the footage is from a c300 mark ii.

if you shoot me a email i can send over the project file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 04, 2017 May 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same problem with the lumetri not rendering over in ME

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
May 10, 2017 May 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah seems to be a bunch of issues with old projects. Even with AE Comps from older versions have a issue of not exporting correctly to AME. such as if i leave the comp at quarter resolution in AME it wont render at full quality. Unless i set the project to full in AE.

Did you find any resolution to the above issue though? this one can really mess with post production time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 02, 2017 Jun 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am experiencing the same thing. Footage shot on Canon c300 Mark ii, LUT's applied and dialed in. Nothing is communicated to/through Media Encoder. Huge pain for project I'm working on with 35+ sequences. One by one exports are killing my work timelines.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 04, 2017 Aug 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm experiencing the same issues with LUTs not be applied to c300 Mark ii footage on the export when sent to Media Encoder. It's killing my workflow.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 30, 2017 Sep 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had this issue and managed to correct it. I am on a mac using cc. What I discovered was that the looks and luts that are in the looks and luts folders in Premiere have to perfectly match the looks and luts in the Encoder folders for looks and luts. So "show package contents" then contents/contents/lumetri and in there the "Looks" folder and the "LUTs" folders need to have the same files as the same folders, same path in encoder. It made sense once I discovered it. The looks and luts are available to grade in Premiere, but when you export to encoder, if the looks and luts aren't in the encoder folders, the encoder doesn't see them. I also think you have to have the same number, so if you have 15 looks in the Premiere folder, you need the same 15 looks in the Encoder folder (even if you didn't grade with them).

It's weird, but now all my colors match no matter which codec I use to export.

Hope this helps.

Docboon

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 01, 2017 Oct 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issue.  However, my renders are exporting in B&W as a result.  It isn't reverting to the RAW color.  I'll be trying docboon's solution, and will report back.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 01, 2017 Oct 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Just completed docboon's suggestion.  This, indeed, resolves my issue.  To clarify:  After the 2017 update for CC, I had added new LUTs I had subsequently created in Speedgrade on a different machine.  I had zip-filed these luts and downloaded them to my everyday Mac Pro (downloaded them into Premiere Pro's Lumetri folder hierarchy).  However, I didn't think to copy them to my Media Encoder Lumetri folders as well.  In addition, I've also copied them to my After Effects folder in hopes to keep that issue from popping up again.  Thanks, docboon!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines