All of a sudden converting a video in AME doesn't work properly, I mean, it previews like 96 hours to complete. I've always used AME for converting, and always the same kind of video with same codec and similar lenght, now it doesn't work, actually. If I switch to software renderer doesn't change a thing.
My system is always the same (laptop with Win10 64bit, nvidia quadro gpu). I've tried another sw for encoding and works just fine.
I've red many threads here with the same error, and no one seems to have a proper solution, oh well...
Seriously, when is this going to be addressed? My work flow went from 5min exports to 1.5hrs exports.
version 14.4 of AME solved the issue for me!!!
Have you enabled the Mercury Playback Engine > GPU Acceleration?
If you mean selecting renderer: mercury playback engine GPU acceleration (CUDA), of course yes.
How long is your sequence? Do you have many effects? What is your precise CPU model? GPU model? Are you keeping media on a separate SSD? That info would help.
in addition to what Kevin requested,
maybe consider updating your GPU driver from the vendor's site
trash the preferences and clean media cache from inside media encoder
In reply to all of the above, the thing is, my system never changed. Like, two months ago, same video to convert (it's just a grab of a tv show) took 40 minutes, now it previews 96 hours. My system stayed the same: HP zbook 15g3, Intel I7, SSD, lots of ram, and afaik gpu drivers are the latest (hp driver update tool tells that it's all at the latest).
I'll try with the prefs/media cache clearing thing.
clearing cache did not solve.
yeah windows shows you that GPU drivers are up do date but they might not
be what's required for Premiere Pro, please update directly from the Vendor's site (Nvidia)
Nope, just installed to the most recent whql nvidia drivers for my system, didn't solve the issue.
FYI in AME the elapsed time counter counts some seconds then stops for a short time, then it begins again proceeding with the count, then it stops again, and so on. The remaining time counter stays black for a good while, then after some minutes might pop up with a number, like 79 hours...
UPDATE: version 14.4 of AME solved the issue!!!