• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Transcoding 25FPS to 24FPS Frame to Frame

Engaged ,
Feb 05, 2018 Feb 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've got some PAL footage at 25fps I'd like to transcode to 23.976fps. I would like a one to one correspondence of frames so my pans and zooms are more fluid. I understand this will slow down my footage slightly and I'm OK with that. Is there a way to do this using Media Encoder?

Martin

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 29, 2018 Nov 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Martin,

It should work. Have you tried it yet?

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Kevin,

Should work? When I asked if there was a way to do this in Media Encoder, I was wondering not only 'if,' but if so, 'how.' I posted hoping someone knew the 'if' and the 'how' and was willing (as so many here so often are) to share?

I was working in Premiere when I posed this question (nine months ago, so details are foggy) and, after asking several other editors, eventually learned:

How to modify the frame rate of a clip in Premiere

Ctrl+click the clip and choose, from the Modify menu (in the top thirdish—is there an order to these menus? Really?), Interpret Footage. Then under Frame Rate, you can select, "Assume this frame rate:" and type in the value you like.

NOTE: It's best to duplicate clip before changing fps. (Probably should have put this first) I usually replace 'copy' in the name of the copy with '24fps' or whatever's the rate to distinguish the two.

And I'm sorry for not sharing back here when I found the answer; I do try to do that. There was a deadline and by the time it passed I'd forgotten. It takes a village and I'm letting y'all down.

Again I am sorry and thanks,

Martin

Still would like to know if and how it works in Media Encoder.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK, I was doing other things entirely today, but just tried quickly to convert framerate in Media Encoder while keeping every frame. Couldn't figure it out quickly. Simply changing the frame rate does what you'd expect: maintains a 1:1 speed by losing or duplicating frames. Not what I wanted.

Martin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try using Time Tuner effect.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dima,

Looking at that for the first time. Wouldn't I have to calculate how long the final clip would be each time first? I want a precise frame rate with no frame duplication or removal.

Martin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think I didn't understand your use case.

Time Tuner would just stretch or condense a video while doing smart things with audio samples and video frames.

If you want to not lose any frames, then interpret footage is what you'd want to use which is what you mentioned above.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Right, I originally and now again was  wondering if you could do that in Media Encoder.

Martin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines