Transferring from Premiere to Media Encoder takes a long time. Didn't used to

Community Beginner ,
Jul 02, 2018 Jul 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been using the Adobe suite for about 3 years now. Back when I first started using it in 2015, I swear that when exporting from Premiere through Media Encoder, it would take very little to no time at all for the data to transfer to Media Encoder. I could hit "Queue" in Premiere, then click over to Media Encoder, and the file would already be ready to encode. I could hit the "play" button and start the encode right away. Maybe I would have to wait like 10 seconds at most. No matter how big the timeline/project was (be it 1-min video or a 2 hour video) it would always just shoot right over to Media Encoder once I hit "Queue".

I feel like something has changed in maybe the last year or so... now it ALWAYS takes forever to transfer over. Even 1 min timelines take like 5 minutes to transfer. Longer timelines can take ever longer...

What changed? Did Adobe change something about the way Media Encoder transfer the data over or something? Why did it go from always working like a dream to always being so slow? It's like this on every computer I work on, so I know it can't be on my end. It has to be something the program is doing now that it didn't used to do 2-3 years ago.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 26, 2018 Jul 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

thirdeyepro,
Sorry for this. Disable "Import sequences natively" in Preferences > General. Does it work faster now? Let us know.

Thanks,
Kevin

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines