• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Troubleshooting Adobe Media Encoder (GPU Acceleration Failing and Faulty Exports)

Explorer ,
Aug 13, 2020 Aug 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've made posts recently on exporting errors I've had using Premiere Pro, and I prematurely marked that issue as solved only for it to come back and others.

When using the Media Encoder to export sequences from Premiere Pro, Media Encoder would either crash, the resulting footage would have offset clips (as described in a previous post), or the resulting footage would be flickering. This would all happen using Software Only.

GPU Acceleration, however, does not work at all. The export will immediately fail and move on to the next sequence, only for it to fail again. Supposedly, this is not an issue with Premiere's sequence settings nor export settings, because the exact same settings work when using Media Encoder and GPU Acceleration on another computer. The difference is this other computer says "OpenCL" for GPU Acceleration. The problematic computer says "CUDA."

This is the first time I've experienced issues like this in Media Encoder, and I'm not sure if the issue lies in Media Encoder, the communication between it and Premiere, or in the computer. I don't believe the issue is in Premiere Pro or the export settings since it seems to work fine on another computer. 

Currently, I don't have the specs of the computer that is able to render the sequences, but the specs of the problematic computer are:

Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-9700K CPU @ 3.60GHz
Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti
RAM: 32 GB (29 used for Premiere Pro and Media Encoder)
Operating System: Windows 10

Both computers use v14.3.1 of Premiere and Media Encoder.

In addition, the assets and project files are on an eternal drive, while Premiere Pro and Media Encoder are installed on an SSD. The errors occured when the sequences were exported to both the external drive and a HDD. 

Attached is an excerpt of the error log when the sequences fail to export in GPU Acceleration along with screenshots of the sequence and render settings. Before, bitrate encoding was set to VBR, 1 pass. I am currently trying to render them at VBR, 2 pass to see if that will fix anything.

Thank you in advance. 
sequence.PNGExport.PNG

As a quick edit update, I've also noticed that after closing Premiere Pro, it will continue running in the background with very low CPU/Memory usage, and it prevents me from reopening it unless I force close it in the task bar.
TOPICS
Error or problem , Export or render , Freeze or hang , Hardware or GPU

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
no replies

Have something to add?