• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable to terminate Adobe Encoder process

Community Beginner ,
Jan 21, 2021 Jan 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This started happening when I upgraded to 14.8, but Media Encoder seems to be continually running in the background on my PC and will not let me terminate the process. Because of this I can't do things like delete or move files I've rendered with it, uninstall/re-install it or update/downgrade it since it's considered still running.

I've tried the Adobe Clean Up tool, force-kill with Command Prompt, terminating with Task Manager, restarting the PC; nothing seems to work. Don't know if my PC specs are needed but will include just in case:

OS - Windows 10

RAM - 32GB

CPU - i7-8700K

GPU - GTX 1070 Ti

TOPICS
Error or problem , Freeze or hang , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 23, 2021 Jan 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. Same here.. only reset button works. 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 24, 2021 Jan 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

same here

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 25, 2021 Jan 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So another thing I've noticed is that I can no longer render with Media Encoder and use my PC for anything else, the minute I click off Media Encoder onto a web browser or another software the videos stop encoding and Media Encoder crashes. It's also been crashing while rendering certain video transitions like VR Chroma Leaks.

All of these things were not happening before updating to 14.8 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 28, 2021 Jan 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there anyone at Adobe that has any idea what's going on here?? Been a week and honestly this problem is making Encoder and Premiere near unusable for me. I do a lot of video editing so this is really throwing a wrench in my production level. Attached vid of what happens when I run Encoder and even so much as open another window.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 13, 2021 Apr 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Having this same issue. Now Premiere has stopped working. Trying to reinstall and see if that works. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines