• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

updating edits while a project is in the queue

New Here ,
Sep 07, 2020 Sep 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I have multiple projects in the Media Encoder queue and I go back into a project to edit something in premiere pro CC. Do the edits automatically update in the project? Or do I have to clear the project from the queue and redo the export to Media Encoder. The watch folders are useless as most computers can't render and edit at the same time

If I do, you are all fired.

-Kerry

TOPICS
Dynamic link , Export or render

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 10, 2020 Sep 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, you have to re-queue the project again. When you queue something to AME it makes a temp version of your project at the state which it was queued. If AME worked off of your live project then there would be no point for this workflow with AME because you wouldn't be able to edit while encoding in the background, plus it would be disasterous and there would be all kind of corruptions. What would you expect to happen if you were in the middle of encoding a job but you made some edits to your project and saved?

By default, AME does pause encoding while Premiere is playing back, which helps performance on both sides, but you can disable this option from the AME preferences. 

Watch Folders are far from useless too. I use them all the time to pick up my master file and create multiple deliverables and upload to YouTube, all without my interaction. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 11, 2020 Sep 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks! That is awesome. It helps a lot David. Cheers

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 14, 2023 Apr 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It would be very easy to implement it in a way that prevents confusion.

Actually i have this situation:
Around 200 short clips in the queue.
I need them "adaptive high bitrate" without colorgrading and HD with CG.
Now i have to add all 100 clips again and i am so annoyed about it that they cant code something so easy:
ME - Reset Status --> code a button that asks if the new track number x with the colorgrading should be respected in the new encoding or not.

But hey...its Adobe.
They remove everthing usefull and instead they put more bugs with every update

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 22, 2024 Jan 22, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yeah I'm in the same position.  I enter in/out and clock numbers for 30 promos to export.  Then someone wants a bug etc adding to the the edit.  I add that and have to redo all the in/out and clock numbers again.  So silly.  Just needs a refresh timeline button or something.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 28, 2022 Jun 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

IN MEDIA ENCODER EARLIER VERSIONS YOU COULD DO THAT (I BELIEVE UNTIL 2018-19) BUT IN NEWER VERSION THEY REMOVE THIS FEATURE... I REALLY MISS THAT

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines