User Presets Disappeared, Gone

Community Beginner ,
Mar 11, 2021 Mar 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I need help.

All my User Presets I built and depend on every day are gone!  I can't find them.

My Dynamic Link server wasn't connecting this morning. I loged out of Adobe and loged back in, that reconneced my dynamic link server. Now all my presets are gone. I checked for the folder in my program files, it is gone too. How do I find or reload my presets? Why did they dissapear? 

Don't know if it matters or effects the situation, I did update my After Effects today also after I reconnected my dynamic link server.

TOPICS
Error or problem, Export or render

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct Answer

Adobe Community Professional , Mar 11, 2021 Mar 11, 2021
Sounds like you upgraded to a new version and haven't transferred your presets yet. Check Documents/Adobe/Adobe Media Encoder/[version]/Presets and go into previous versions, find the .epr preset files, and copy them to the lastest version's preset folder. You may need to re-create some if you run into issues, as they're not always forward-compatible, but worth giving them a try first.

Translate

Translate
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sounds like you upgraded to a new version and haven't transferred your presets yet. Check Documents/Adobe/Adobe Media Encoder/[version]/Presets and go into previous versions, find the .epr preset files, and copy them to the lastest version's preset folder.

You may need to re-create some if you run into issues, as they're not always forward-compatible, but worth giving them a try first.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They were in the folder just like you said! Thank you!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Awesome!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines