Video loops when transcoding.

New Here ,
May 03, 2018 May 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using Media Encoder to trans-code an orignial MKV file into a h.264 file (since it's very laggy to edit with MKV since it's so compressed).

When I try this, a weird bug/glitch happens.

For the first 10 minutes everything is fine and the trancoded video is playing back as it's supposed to. However, after around the 10 minute mark or so, the video portion loops back to the beginning while the audio portion keeps playing.

So like at minute 15, it's the audio for minute 15 but the video for minute 5. I tried both trancoding it to GoPro Cineform and h.264.

It's the same problem. I can even see it start to loop in the output preview of media encoder.

Is this a problem with my source file or a problem with Media Encoder? Is there any way to fix this?

Infact, when I was trying to recreate the problem, now it loops like the first minute of video for all 20 minutes of audio instead of even getting to 10 minutes.

Views

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
May 08, 2018 May 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please provide more info: what is the make, model and version of your

operating system, Media Encoder and what does VLC or other applications say about the properties of your source footage? In VLC it is called Media Information. Here is an example:

Screenshot 2018-05-08 14.10.00.png

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines