Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Warp Stabilizer Error Message in Exported Video

Enthusiast ,
Jul 10, 2018 Jul 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi!

Is there a way to have AME stop an export or at least notify me when it's exporting a video that has an existing banner on a clip that needs to be re-analyzed by Warp Stabilizer?

I'm very familiar with Warp Stabilizer. Use it hundreds of times per week for the last 4-5 years. But on a recent wedding export I was just about to copy the exported files to disk for a couple when I happen to skim the clip and see the blue banner on one random clip saying that it needed to be re-analyzed within premiere. It was a simple fix of course, just had to open premiere, click analyze on that clip and re-export the video. BUT...I got lucky catching that before sending it off. With such a long video, it's not practical to review every export for these warning banners. Is there a way to set AME to stop export if it catches one of these banners? Or at least show a warning message after the export with the timecode where it occurs so that I can have piece of mind knowing I won't miss one of these in the future?

Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Aug 16, 2018 Aug 16, 2018

Sounds like a feature request you need to make, DMH79. Here's the link: Media Encoder: Hot (139 ideas) – Adobe video & audio apps

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate
Jul 20, 2018 Jul 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi DMH79,

But on a recent wedding export I was just about to copy the exported files to disk for a couple when I happen to skim the clip and see the blue banner on one random clip saying that it needed to be re-analyzed within premiere.

Ideally, this should not have happened and I do not think there is any such option in Media Encoder to disable this.

I think this is some sort of glitch or an unexpected behavior. How often this happens?

In Media Encoder's Preferences (General), is the option 'Import sequences natively' selected?

Thanks,

Kulpreet Singh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Aug 13, 2018 Aug 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://forums.adobe.com/people/kulpreet+singh  wrote

Ideally, this should not have happened and I do not think there is any such option in Media Encoder to disable this.

I think this is some sort of glitch or an unexpected behavior. How often this happens?

In Media Encoder's Preferences (General), is the option 'Import sequences natively' selected?

Thanks,

Kulpreet Singh

Sorry for my delay in responding. Life/work moves on but I'm still curious if there's a way to have AME flag the editor when a banner of some kind is left on a clip being exported?

To answer your questions, I can't say it happens often. I've caught it once before and I've actually seen it in a high end wedding shooter's home page video once (I emailed him to let him know he had a "analyze" blue banner on one quick clip 2/3 of the way through his exported video). Fortunately, I don't think it's a regular thing but then again, I don't watch all my full length video exports prior to giving them to the client. I just imagine that a prompt or pop up of some kind letting the editor know there's a banner at X timecode would be helpful. If not before the encode starts, then at the end would be better than nothing.

And yes, I currently have the option "import sequences natively" selected, however, I'm not sure it was at the time I caught this issue last.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 26, 2018 Jul 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

DMH79,

Is this error still occurring? If so, you might try updating your software. Please let us know what happens after updating.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Aug 13, 2018 Aug 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Kevin-Monahan  wrote

DMH79,

Is this error still occurring? If so, you might try updating your software. Please let us know what happens after updating.

Thanks,
Kevin

Still running 12.0.1 because it was stable on my system and we have several large projects still open and not completed. Plus I have the Miraizon prores v2 export option still with this version. Not sure it will hold up in newer versions or not. And I still need the prores export option. All those things together and I've kept off updating for a while now. However, if it's an unexpected behavior then I'm guessing it hasn't been addressed. But my post wasn't so much to see if it's been addressed, but more to see if there's an option to have AME notify the editor when a banner such as this is still present on a clip either before the encoding starts, or after.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 16, 2018 Aug 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sounds like a feature request you need to make, DMH79. Here's the link: Media Encoder: Hot (139 ideas) – Adobe video & audio apps

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Apr 17, 2019 Apr 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Sounds like this might have been addressed in 13.1 ??? (I haven't updated yet as I like to wait and see how things play out a bit)

From the list of bug fixes on 13.1:

• Provide warning when exporting Warp Stabilizer analysis in progress so banner is not exported

So it warns you now? That would be awesome!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines