Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Webex video exported from Media Encoder becomes much bigger

Explorer ,
Oct 14, 2020 Oct 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

We are recording a few webinars with Webex and the compression is really good.

The webex video file is recorded with the following specs - 1920 x 1080, 25fps, Data rate 69 kbps, Audio - 31 kbps, mono, Audio sample rate 32.000 kHz. A 20 min file is about 20 MB. It is tought to beat. 

I want to edit the videos and remove some parts with AME but the output file is really big...

I use the H.264 presets and tried to put the specs as low as possible. For instance, I use the following specs - 1024 x 576, 25 fps, Bitrate enncodig - VBR, 1 pass, Target butrate (the lowest) [Mbps - 0.19]. File is tripple the size.

Is there to retain the same compression so I dont end up when I remove 5% of the footage and republish with tripple the size file?

Thanks in advance
Bobby

TOPICS
Formats , Performance , Tips and tricks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 15, 2020 Oct 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use Adobe apps for most of the things i do but sometimes other apps does the job far better. For your job i would have tried a app that smart render the media, iow do your edits and then just export the raw material without encoding it.

Download a free trial of TMPGEnc MPEG Smart Renderer 5 and test if it does what you want. You can perform simple edits and it will give you the same output as you put into it. The trial will work for 30 days and will not watermark the video.

Try it and report back your findings.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 17, 2020 Oct 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there Averdahl,

I tested the TMPGenc and it does what is expected. There is no inflated file size

Thank you for the tip!

B

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines