• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

When is it possible to use PP/AME in a professional workflow?

Community Beginner ,
May 16, 2019 May 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry for the "bad" question but how is it possible it's still not possible that you can export a video from PP in a queue without any errors? How are people using this workflow, if at all?

If you export a video from PP directly it works (the usual other errors aside), if you send it to AME, the video literally looks completely different, there are fades different or missing, titles are missing, etc.

Help?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It sounds like you're having some pretty crummy issues. I almost always queue my videos to AME to so I can export and continue editing. My results look identical to a direct export, and I rarely get errors.

When describing problems like this it's always helpful to have machine specs, including OS version, GPU info, and GPU driver version.

The easiest question to ask first, is are your apps up-to-date? Are they in parity with one another?

Other questions are:

Does this happen on every project or just one?

Are your titles Dynamically Linked After Effects comps or is everything native to Premiere?

Are you using any third-party effects that aren't rendering?

Have you tried clearing your Media Cache?

Have you tried trashing your preferences for both AME and PR?

What errors are you getting? Sometimes you'll get an error that will give you a timecode range, which almost always helps pinpoint a specific problem.

There are too many unknowns to give you any answers, but I use Premiere in a professional environment every day. It's definitely not perfect, and it has its fair share of issues, but for the most part things go pretty smoothly for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use AME every day in a professional work environment. Aside from slower rendering of AE comps than in AE, it works great, especially with Premiere sequences. Issues could stem from a few sources, old video card drivers, corrupted project, out-of-sync versions between Premiere and AME. I'd start with updating all the apps, video drivers, clearing the media cache, and restarting. If you're still having issues, could be a corrupted project. Try importing your previous project to a new one which usually fixes corruption. If it seems like it's from an effect, then try removing effects till it's working. These are the steps I usually take to identify where the problem is. Once you locate the problem, then you can start finding solutions. Hope that helps

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 19, 2019 May 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sigug:

Don't take this the wrong way, but as long as your system is configured properly for video post production then PP / AME workflow works great.

There are very good suggestions in this thread already, but I'd recommend this:  Configure a boot drive that has just your operating system (along with all necessary, up-to-date drivers for hardware) and Premiere Pro, After Effects and Media Encoder. 

-Warren

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 30, 2019 May 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@ Warren Not sure if you are being serious. Even if there was something not "being configured properly" (whatever that means), this has nothing to do with anything. How can you export from Premiere Pro with no problems, and there are suddenly problems with AME?

Anyway, @justin Thanks but yeah, I do the same thing (everything is updated etc blablah). The project isn't corrupt (whatever that means) because it happens with every new projects, sometimes, sometimes not. But yeah I know it's difficult to say anything if I can't reproduce the error or give more details. Just was wondering, if this is a common problem which apparently it isn't - even though everyone here in Germany I work with has constant problems with PP and AME (not to mention). Strange.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 31, 2019 May 31, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

So you haven’t taken the time to do a clean install of your OS, Premiere and Media Encoder?

As far as properly configuring a workstation, there’s plenty of helpful information in the hardware forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines