• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Where are the AE render settings in Media Encoder?

Contributor ,
Jun 14, 2012 Jun 14, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'd like to use Adobe Media Encoder for background rendering, but how do you set the render settings (like bit depth, motion blur, solo switches, guide layers, ect)?

Also, how do you select the output color profile from AME?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Oct 31, 2013 Oct 31, 2013

June or July, what's the diff when it's almost November? (Thx for pointing out my typo. Edited my last post to the correct month for the benefit of future readers.)

Netcommercial wrote:

I was not sure what headless version spins in the BG meant?  In regards to #4. So by checking off my switches for Blur, Blend, etc and change the BPC to 16 in my comp then save it. that is what AME uses to render?  Also to disregard Rick's post on this one then?  Thanks for your input on this.

When AME renders an A

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Dec 15, 2014 Dec 15, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, this answer rules haha. Wish I could have every answer done this way. Well, that and render Lossless + Alpha from AE while continuing to work. Hopefully soon enough.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Dec 16, 2014 Dec 16, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes Tyler,

Proper grammar and screen grabs will go so much further on a forum. And the OP never even bothered to come back and give a correct answer for this thread. (eyes Roll)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Nov 09, 2020 Nov 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry. Sometimes I don't get the email updates. I got one today, so I checked the thread again. I see there is an answer marked as correct. Better late than never?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Dec 20, 2019 Dec 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Dynamic Link can not currently access the AE Render Settings"
"You'll get the cleverly named After Effects Composition Render Settings dialog, which has a whopping ONE control in it for setting the visibility of Guide Layers.

It's clear that we have some work to do here. This feature was added very late in CS6"

This is 2020 and it's still the same. Damn. Still no way to reintroduce motion blur from the AE render settings when exporting through AME. It's very counter-intuitive to set it in the timeline panel.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Nov 09, 2020 Nov 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm the OP from eight years ago… if anyone's curious, it's 2020 and I still render in the background using an automator script droplet that spins up a headless AERender process to render my Render Queue. Every year I update the script to change the name of the After Effects app folder to the current year ("Adobe After Effects 2020").

Every couple of years I give the latest version of AME another try, but it always comes back to bite me. After Effects has a ton of awesome tools and switches strewn around the interface to help speed things up while you're designing, but when it comes time to export I can't always be hunting down every last one of these switches (only to find after a five-hour render that there was an important switch I missed). That's what Render Queue presets are for…

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines