• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

White changing to Off White in GIF Export

Community Beginner ,
Aug 29, 2018 Aug 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I export my GIF it changes all my backgrounds from white (FFFFFF) to just barely off white (FBFBFB).

I have tested this with video exports and it's all fine, I have changed EVERY setting that can be changed, and nothing.

Here is my desired export setting:

Unfortunately as I'm trying to place these GIF images on a white website, the off-white background does not work for me, I'm at a loss!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Aug 30, 2018 Aug 30, 2018

C. Blake,

I have heard about this recently. It's definitely a limitation of the application right now I'd classify as a bug. Kindly report that here: Media Encoder: Hot (156 ideas) – Adobe video & audio apps

Sorry for the frustration.

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate
Advocate ,
Aug 30, 2018 Aug 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi C. Blake,

I'm not sure why that is. Personally, I've had better luck doing doing GIFs in Photoshop, and then exporting inside Photoshop itself. I assume that you're trying to take a video or series of pictures, then and export as a motion GIF? I stumbled upon a similar issue, which can maybe help you investigate further:

white background converted in #fbfbfb

Does any of this help?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 30, 2018 Aug 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

C. Blake,

I have heard about this recently. It's definitely a limitation of the application right now I'd classify as a bug. Kindly report that here: Media Encoder: Hot (156 ideas) – Adobe video & audio apps

Sorry for the frustration.

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 04, 2018 Dec 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the exact same issue with Media Encoder 12.1.1.12 and 13.0.1.12.

I spoke to Adobe Tech Support and they said it was a known issue and is being worked on. The solution was to roll back to the 2017 version of both AE and AME then try again.

It's simply ridiculous to have a known bug that is a fundamental mistake and not patch it yet update the software for 2 more years.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jul 29, 2020 Jul 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Kevin,

I am aware that this is an old issue, but it is one that hasn't been solved yet. Also, this issue has been reported on the UserVoice platform: https://adobe-video.uservoice.com/forums/911308-media-encoder/suggestions/36182734-media-encoder-v13....

Two years later, this issue is still present. What about implementing a Photoshop-esque color conversion table, so we have more control over the colors being used when exporting to GIF? This way, we can at least correct colors that we want to be absolutely as designed.

Jeroen

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines