• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why are we forced to use Media Encoder?

Explorer ,
Jul 06, 2018 Jul 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I used to render fine out of Premiere and AFX, no 3rd application needed. I basically now wait until ME loads to open a dialog box that gives me the exact options as I had before. I used to never touch media encoder, what...does it encode with more gusto or something? It really feels like a giant pile of you know.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jul 26, 2018 Jul 26, 2018

HI quaglinoman,

You can export directly from Premiere Pro (File > Export > Media, then click Export) or by using the Render Queue in After Effects. No real need to use AME directly for most formats.

Thanks,

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 26, 2018 Jul 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HI quaglinoman,

You can export directly from Premiere Pro (File > Export > Media, then click Export) or by using the Render Queue in After Effects. No real need to use AME directly for most formats.

Thanks,

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 13, 2019 Dec 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@ Kevin

Your answer is NOT correct - you cannot export to mp4 using the Render Queue - for any decent kind of compression options you are forced to use the bumbhole media encoder which seems to want to make my mac's fan's accelerate to the speed of light.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 10, 2021 May 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We dont seem to have the same options in AE render queue for mp4. This is a real issue. Every time on a job, with a tight dealine I can gurantee AME will cause serious grief. Everytime. No matter what version 201, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021 always problems. . If Im on my mac pro or PC or macbook pro. The adobe software when working is fantastic. But it hardly ever works. This is really disgusting from big corporation, that shows no care for its customers. I have spent nearly 10k on this software. Its the most flakey unreliable and stressfully part of my job. Please listen adobe. Show us some stability!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 12, 2021 May 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Beeej___

Recently I learnt of this new plug-in from Battle Axe 

https://www.battleaxe.co/anubis

I haven't used it myself yet - I just learnt of it cos I use two of their other products (rubber hose & overlord) - but it looks promising - might be worth a try if you find yourself exporting to mp4 a lot.

all the best

John

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks John. It looks amazing, I'll check it out. 

It's great that their tag line states 

export mp4's faster than it takes to open media Encoder. 

I think that's nailed it. As Adobe software really needs to be redesigned from scratch to take advantage of the current hardware. The lack of GPU integration and slow bloats feeling is just so stressful as a creative. 

Ine thing that's really positive is Adobe designing their lighter versions of the apps for the M1 iPad - as they are, I think redesigning from scratch or at least it feels that way. 

I pray Adobe you are working hard to redesign everything to be faster - especially after effects. 

unreal engine can render billions or polys in real time. I'm currently waiting 25 mins to export a few shape layers moving over footage. I have i9 14cores and 4 water cooled 1080ti GPU's.

I love after effects. But also hate its speed and instability issues.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Completely agree (though I'm not rocking as great a hardware set up as you!). Adobe Illustrator for ipad is much more limited than that of the desktop version but the features it does have it does a lot better than the desktop version which, like you say, needs updating from the ground up. It's frustrating. Glad you found the battle axe plug in interesting : )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 07, 2019 Feb 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Kevin-Monahan.... rendering in AE holds up production time. We don't have time to sit and watch the render rendering out in AE...

So many crashes and lack of error code explanation going from AE to AME. AME Crashes and throws H.264 errors in different places all the time on different movies. We have had to revert back to rendering in AE which is slowing us down. The point of AME is to allow work to stack up and render out to allow production to continue... currently failing on this.

SO many fixes to try that all do not help. It should just work for the money we pay for it. We are all capable of using the software to be creative.... we should not need to be hung up on fixing software.

Adobe please fix your software.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 30, 2020 Jun 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

in 2020 now, and AME is still garbage. It's still always "Connecting to project". 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 19, 2021 Nov 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

2021 and didn't change a bit.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 19, 2021 Nov 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problems here, trying to export a simple 22-second video in AE to mp4. No way to export this. Render que gives me a 2,5 gig video that looks like Minecraft, exporting via ME doesn't work because I can't even import a project. Haven't seen such an annoying program in a while. Are there any alternatives?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines