• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why is Media Encoder Launching While I'm Importing Clips to Premiere

Community Beginner ,
Mar 22, 2019 Mar 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm running into a brand new problem today. When I'm importing clips into my Premiere project bin, Media Encoder will suddenly launch and begin queuing this clip to copy it. This has never happened before. In fact, it copied SEVERAL clips in the background until I closed another window and noticed this.

Have I accidentally made a setting adjustment?

I am an Adobe CC subscriber to the full suite and All of my apps are up to date. My editing system OS is Win7 64bit.

Anyone have any suggestions, theories, or answers?

Thanks in advance. 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Mar 25, 2019 Mar 25, 2019

I am importing two ways. I right-click on the bin and select "import" and browse to the file I want to import, or I have a Windows Explorer open and drag the file into the bin or timeline.

Either approach results in the same action.

I took your advice and reset the preferences. That did not work. So I reset the workspace. That did not work either.

Still, whenever I import a video into the bin, Encoder activates and copies the file into the project folder on the hard drive.

I took the initiative to

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Mar 22, 2019 Mar 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How are you importing?

You can try resetting the preferences:

FAQ: How to reset preferences in Premiere Pro?

If that doesn't work, try resetting the Workspaces:

Reset a workspace

Reset the current workspace to return to its original, saved layout of panels.

1. Do one of the following:
    • Click the Workspace menu icon and select Reset to Saved Layout.
    • Choose Window > Workspace > Reset to Saved Layout.

from here:

https://helpx.adobe.com/premiere-pro/using/workspaces.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 25, 2019 Mar 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am importing two ways. I right-click on the bin and select "import" and browse to the file I want to import, or I have a Windows Explorer open and drag the file into the bin or timeline.

Either approach results in the same action.

I took your advice and reset the preferences. That did not work. So I reset the workspace. That did not work either.

Still, whenever I import a video into the bin, Encoder activates and copies the file into the project folder on the hard drive.

I took the initiative to explore my Project Settings and saw the following on my Ingest settings, this is a panel I had never looked at before. I see that Ingest is ticked with Copy selected. I unchecked this box and the problem went away. Is there any way this could feature could have been mistakenly activated by me from within the project unknowingly?

For clarification, unchecking the box in the ingest settings fixed my issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 01, 2019 May 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Spot on. That worked for me. Was driving me nuts as to why my projects suddenly started duplicating clips.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 21, 2023 May 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for discovering this solution to this reprehensible, undesired behavior.  Why would this ever be a default setting?  I certainly did not check it on at any point EVER, yet here we are.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 22, 2023 May 22, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I totally agree. This should not be on by default. It is very useful to copy media and create Proxies, though.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 06, 2023 Jun 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for posting this!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines