• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Wrong time code in HEVC encodes

New Here ,
Nov 06, 2017 Nov 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am attempting to encode a UHD-29.97P HEVC file with .mp4 wrapper. Source is a UHD-29.97P Quicktime ProRes422HQ file. Time code in the first frame of the source file is 00;59;59;29, and that time code needs to carry across to the target HEVC file. Regardless of whether I check or uncheck the Set Start Timecode box, the target HEVC file has NDF time code that starts at 00:00:00:00. This is causing our encodes to be rejected by the customer. How do I get AME to pass the correct time code from the source to the target file?

I have a sample HEVC encode supplied by the customer that has the correct time code embedded in the file, so this is possible.

Thank you.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 08, 2017 Nov 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you coming from Premiere Pro or adding the QuickTime file to AME directly?

Try creating a new Sequence from the ProRes QuickTime file in Premiere Pro and manually set the Sequence Start Time to match the source clip start time.  Then send that to Media Encoder using the HVEC Format and Preset.  The Timecode from the Sequence should pass to the exported MP4.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 08, 2017 Nov 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Quick update:

I just tried adding a ProRes QuickTime directly to AME and exported it to HEVC (H.265) Match Source - High Bitrate and the timecode in the resulting MP4 file matches the original MOV (00;59;59;29 in the MOV and 00;59;59;29 in the MP4).  I am using AME 2017.1.2 Release Build 11.1.2.35 under macOS 10.12.6.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines