• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

2nd required signature is not asked for: document finalizes after first signature!

Community Beginner ,
May 27, 2016 May 27, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We are VERY DISAPPOINTED that there is evidently no more direct phone support for this product, or is this not correct? If so, we do not recall being notified of this change.

Speaking of which, without any alterations to a signature form that has three steps: 1) Prefil, 2) complete information and sign by the customer, and 3) countersign and date by us, suddenly after working for months, it comes back and is claimed to be completed as soon as step 2 is finished. There is no subsequent way for us to complete the countersignature. I verified that the fields still are marked as such, yet starting very recently, the third step (without a date or signature even being filled in) completes as soon as step 2 is done. Something is broken and it's apparently not possible to get immediate help from Adobe on this.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Jun 01, 2016 Jun 01, 2016

Things get suddenly changed in the way documents are processed with no advanced email warning, then suddenly things break and there is nobody to contact directly for assistance. It turns out if we go back to the classical form all works fine because you still have the "I need to sign" check box. Does the "new" (crappy) form say anything about that? NO! Instead it offers to add a "me" and various other fields, with absolutely no explanation of what they are and how they are supposed to work!  Tha

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have seen this happen when the second signature field was inadvertently set to the first signer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In this case, it is not. The Prefil contains no signatures. The 2nd session contains the customer's signature (signer #1) , and the last section (signer #2) is us. Look, this has worked flawlessly since last September and just now, it stopped working over the last few weeks. I ran a test cases earlier today and that failed, as well. Nothing has changed with the form, so I suspect it's in the way Adobe is now processing it. It's a royal pain to redo the form and there is no guaranty even then that would fix it if it's an issue with how the second signature is handled.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 01, 2016 Jun 01, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Things get suddenly changed in the way documents are processed with no advanced email warning, then suddenly things break and there is nobody to contact directly for assistance. It turns out if we go back to the classical form all works fine because you still have the "I need to sign" check box. Does the "new" (crappy) form say anything about that? NO! Instead it offers to add a "me" and various other fields, with absolutely no explanation of what they are and how they are supposed to work!  Thank you, Adobe, for making the new procedure so unobvious and undocumented. NOT.  I should send you a bill for all the time spent trying to figure this out on my own because of the lack of any reasonable support anymore. You are a document company, yet you seem to be incapable of documenting your own products adequately. Taking away human support was a horrible move on your part -- this could have been settled in 5-10 minutes. In any case this is being marked and done and solved and I hope and pray I will never run into an issue like this again. You had just better not take away the classical option.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines