• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

3 If conditions in formula, excel to e-sign form, "not enough arguments" syntax error

Community Beginner ,
Oct 01, 2018 Oct 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello - I am really hoping someone can help me with this.  I have converted an excel form to an Adobe E-sign form using Adobe Pro.  I decided to switch directions and start using the frequently used template tool in the Adobe E-sign document cloud.  I am trying to translate the following calculation formula from Excel format to the Adobe DC E-sign format in the calculations/formula field window, screen shot included below.  I am getting a "not enough arguments syntax error from the E-sign DC formula window.  Any thoughts as to why this formula is not working, it works as expected in excel. 

Excel Formula (this formula works in excel):

=IF(P37=0,P38-P39,IF(P37<P38,P38-MAX(P37,P39),IF(P37=P38,0)))

My excel field cell to Adobe field names translation:

TotalsHistoricPrice = P37

TotalsFirstorAverage = P38

TotalsFinalPrice = P39

My Adobe Forumula:

IF(TotalsHistoricPrice=0,TotalsFirstorAverage-TotalsFinalPrice,IF(TotalsHistoricPrice<TotalsFirstorAverage,TotalsFirstorAverage-MAX(TotalsHistoricPrice,TotalsFinalPrice),IF(TotalsHistoricPrice=TotalsFirstorAverage,0)))

When I put this into the adobe e-sign formula window I get the following.  I have been playing around with this for hours now and cannot figure out the error/issue.

Please let me know if you have any thoughts as to why this isn't working.

Thanks so much for having a look/reading my post.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
no replies

Have something to add?