• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Add initials with one click? Like check box.

New Here ,
Jan 11, 2017 Jan 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all.

I have a rather lengthy accounting audit document that requires initials in literally hundreds of different places. Is there a way to add a field, like a check box field, where just a simple click adds the initials? Also, in Adobe XI Pro is there a way to upload an image of the initials? I can upload an image of my signature, but not of my initials, and both are needed.

I tried to make the form an Adobe Sign Form, and then add an Initial field, but at the moment I honestly can't tell the difference between an Initial field and a normal text field. When I preview or close the editor, I am able to add any text I want to the Initial field. What am I missing here?

Cheers,

DJ

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Feb 11, 2017 Feb 11, 2017

Hi DanielGAJohnson​,

Instead of copying the fields, right click on the field and choose the "Clone" option.

This should fix your issue.

Regards,

Aadesh

Votes

Translate

Translate
Jan 14, 2017 Jan 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi DanielGAJohnson​,

If you are preparing form in Adobe Sign environment you will get the option for Initial fields, you can drag & drop the field using which Signer will be able to type, draw or upload the image of their initial.

If it's the same singer adding initials at 75  places on the document then instead of dragging & dropping the fields at 75 positions right click on the first initial field and copy it to place it at the next position, similarly you can place the copy of the initial field at the remaining places on the document. With this the initial field will be duplicated.

Now when the signer will type, draw or upload the initial at the first field the same will we reflected on the other 74 positions, but they just need to single click on remaining 74 fields to duplicate the data. Signer won't have to again and again ype, draw or upload the initial, they just need to single click.

Hope the information will be helpful.

Regards,

Aadesh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 16, 2017 Jan 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Aadesh,

Thank you for your reply. I still have some questions. First, when I exit out of the editor, after placing an initial field and several copied initial fields in the form, I ONLY have the option to enter text in the box. When I click on the box the only thing I can do is add text. I am not prompted to add specifically initials. Second, when I click on the Fill & Sign tab and try adding initials that way, dragging the initials into the initial field box does nothing. Third, when I do add text to the field that has been copied several times, that text then gets copied to all the other copied fields as expected. However, I don't see how I can decide to keep the text or not in that copied field with a single click. Lastly, in Adobe Acrobat Pro XI, under the Fill & Sign tab in the Place Initials box there is no option to upload initials. I only have the option to type or draw my initials. Place Signature gives me the option to type my signature, use a webcam, draw my signature, use an image, or use a certificate. Now, a potential workaround to my original problem would be to upload the initials as a signature, but that option only allows for one image to be used. These particular forms require the initials of the auditor throughout the form, and the auditor's signature in several places.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

DJ

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Feb 11, 2017 Feb 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi DanielGAJohnson​,

Instead of copying the fields, right click on the field and choose the "Clone" option.

This should fix your issue.

Regards,

Aadesh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines