• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adding form fields to an agreement, returns "Resource is already modified with newer version"

Explorer ,
Jan 16, 2019 Jan 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Goal: add a formfield (a signature) to an agreement.

Steps:

1. Create an agreement

2. Use the id of that agreement to GET the agreement which returns the ETag in its headers

3. Do a POST/PUT to agreements/{agreementId}/formfields with that ETag in the If-Match header

Result:

The error "Resource is already modified with newer version" is returned.

I get this using Postman and using my Java code. What am I doing wrong?

Kind regards

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Jan 23, 2019 Jan 23, 2019

Looking at the API request LOG, I noticed I was sending my Etag in a list (The Java Jersey client I use, gets the value of a header as a list) which gives this error.

Using an invalid ETag seems to result in thesame error as using an old one.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 17, 2019 Jan 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ja,

I have checked that you are using a Developer account of Adobe Sign.

As you have a query related to the API, I would request you to contact the Adobe Sign pre-sales team.

They will be able to provide pre-sales technical assistance to you.

Please refer this link Adobe Sign plans for individuals and businesses | Adobe Document Cloud to get in contact with them.

Let us know if you need any help.

Regards,

Meenakshi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 23, 2019 Jan 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Looking at the API request LOG, I noticed I was sending my Etag in a list (The Java Jersey client I use, gets the value of a header as a list) which gives this error.

Using an invalid ETag seems to result in thesame error as using an old one.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 03, 2019 Feb 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am also getting the same error when using adobe api directly from adobe website.  Can you please help on what steps to follow to get a formfield added through the adobe api online simulator. I am stuck and not able to progress due to this issue...

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 04, 2019 Feb 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Khalida

Here you can find the info concerning the ETags.

https://www.adobe.io/apis/documentcloud/sign/docs.html#!adobeio/adobeio-documentation/master/sign/ap...

And here you can find the request log

https://secure.eu1.echosign.com/account/accountSettingsPage#pageId::API_LOG

Basically, you create an agreement, then get the agreement formfields which returns an ETag in the response headers and use that value in an If-match header when putting your formfields.

Good luck

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 04, 2019 Feb 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ja,

Thanks for your help, I have passed that hurdle now, but now the signature field is not appearing in the designated position using formFields.  The automated signature field appears at the end of the page and not the one that I have placed.  I basically want to place 2-3 signature fields at specific locations in the document.

I am following the steps in the link below without avail, although I copied the exact commands...

FormFields option is not available in V6 of REST API | Adobe Sign

Regards

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 05, 2019 Feb 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Khalida

I've thesame problem. Please tell me if you find a fix. I can't continue for now since I cannot register a webhook and it's a crucial point.

Kind regards

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 05, 2019 Feb 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ja,

I found the solution:-)  You need to call get /agreements/{agreementId}/members

to get participantSets id for the agreementid and use that in the assignee field to get the signature placed using put formfields. This will do the linkage for which field is linked to which form signer.

Regards

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 06, 2019 Feb 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Alright, thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 13, 2019 Mar 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you succeed in adding multiple formfields for multiple assignees?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 25, 2021 Oct 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Khalida,

Do you know if it's possible to add a formField to the default SIGNATURE_BLOCK?

Adobe Sign, by default, is generating SIGANTURE_BLOCK with some fields at the end of the last page...

I need to enhance the SIGNATURE_BLOCK with national ID number for example.....

Do you know if it's possible to add the field without to send FormFieldLocation attributes?

Regards

Mariano

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 19, 2020 Feb 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm also getting this error. I'm using Adobe JS SDK . I don't understand where is the problem. Also I've noticed a stange thing, I'm getting different Etags when I'm using SDK and Postman. But in any case, none works. How can this be?

Also in the SDK ifMatch is required, but in the Postman I can skip this header (ETag) and it works. Can you help me?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 24, 2020 Feb 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm getting an error CANNOT_PROCESS_REQUEST when trying to PUT to agreements/{agreementId}/formfields.
I've tried the exact example from this post, as well as getting the members from /agreements/{agreementId}/members.

I'm able to update the form fields successfully when the agreement is in DRAFT state (rather than AUTHORING), but pulling the members data fails with the code AGREEMENT_IN_DRAFT_STATE, so the sent agreement doesn't have the fields displayed correctly.
Any insight would be really appreciated, as for now I'm stumped.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines