Highlighted

Adobe Sign error for Adobe Portfolio

New Here ,
Apr 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Greetings - hoping someone can offer assistance.

I've uploaded an Adobe Portfolio document for signature, and when the receiver opens the email in order to sign, they get a message telling them they need to have "Adobe X or Adobe Reader or Later", which is happening on computers that already have Adobe Reader or Adobe XI installed. Attempting to install (again) from the link appearing via Sign ends up with a message that says 'you already have a newer version installed'.

Appreciating any feedback - Jennifer

Hi Jennifer,

When you send a file using Adobe sign, the receiver does not receive the actual file, instead he receives a link to the file.

When the link is clicked, it opens the file in a browser and PDF portfolios cannot be viewed on a browser, hence the message asking to download Adobe Reader or Acrobat.

So I would recommend to use a file which is not a portfolio, if however you still need to use PDF portfolio then send it as a regular email attachment with a field for digital signature.

-Harsha

Topics

Bug Error, Questions Need Help

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Adobe Sign error for Adobe Portfolio

New Here ,
Apr 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Greetings - hoping someone can offer assistance.

I've uploaded an Adobe Portfolio document for signature, and when the receiver opens the email in order to sign, they get a message telling them they need to have "Adobe X or Adobe Reader or Later", which is happening on computers that already have Adobe Reader or Adobe XI installed. Attempting to install (again) from the link appearing via Sign ends up with a message that says 'you already have a newer version installed'.

Appreciating any feedback - Jennifer

Hi Jennifer,

When you send a file using Adobe sign, the receiver does not receive the actual file, instead he receives a link to the file.

When the link is clicked, it opens the file in a browser and PDF portfolios cannot be viewed on a browser, hence the message asking to download Adobe Reader or Acrobat.

So I would recommend to use a file which is not a portfolio, if however you still need to use PDF portfolio then send it as a regular email attachment with a field for digital signature.

-Harsha

Topics

Bug Error, Questions Need Help

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jennifer,

-Harsha

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines