• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Sign - Password protection

New Here ,
Nov 11, 2016 Nov 11, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use Adobe Acrobat DC with Adobe Sign feature.

I tested the password function when creating a document for signing.

When you choose a password protection for the document, I assumed that persons to whom the document was sent to, do not get to do any of the required actions without the password. Password to prevent viewing of the document happened only after all the parties had done their actions.

How password protection should work?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Hi minnav32020337

Please refer to the below KB doc. for help:

- How to encrypt your documents using Adobe Sign

Regards,

Aadesh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi minnav32020337

Please refer to the below KB doc. for help:

- How to encrypt your documents using Adobe Sign

Regards,

Aadesh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 07, 2020 Mar 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

I have this question too, and AadeshSingh's answer does not provide any help or insight.

Can someone please tell me how to actually password-protect an Adobe Sign document so it can't be viewed?

Thanks in advance.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 07, 2020 Mar 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you explain what part AadeshSingh's post you do not understand?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 09, 2020 Mar 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your answer MichaelKazlow!

I appreciate AadeshSingh's post but the information he provides does not address the question being asked.

If you want to prevent the signers (or, more appropriately, a bad actor) from viewing the PDF you've sent for signature, or otherwise interacting with it, you can set a password but not in the way AadeshSingh's answer suggests. In fact, if you follow the instructions found at that link  your recipient will be able to see and interact with the document without needing any password at all.

I am happy you brought this up though! I have found the correct answer for minnav32020337 and I:

To prevent an Adobe Sign recipient from seeing or interacting with the document sent for signature, you must click the dropdown to the right of the email address field and set the password there:

Annotation 2020-03-09 130034.png

Setting a password this way will require that the recipient enter the password prior to viewing or otherwise interacting with the document.

Thanks again,

Tim

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 23, 2020 Oct 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here's another fun problem. My signers signed their document, but now the password I used says "incorrect" password when I try to open and save the signed PDF. 

Any insight would be tremendously helpful.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 05, 2021 Jan 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We are experiencing the exact same issue.  End users who attempt to view a signed document in the web interface using Internet Explorer 11 cannot open the file when there is a password on the file.  If you open the file from the email attachment, it works fine.  It would appear that the IE11 PDF plugin is not working correctly.  The online documentation appears to state that IE11 is fully supported.  If the end user uses another browser (chrome, Firefox), it appears to work fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 19, 2020 Nov 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Amazing Tim, 

Thanks for providing that.

Gary

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 28, 2023 Mar 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The password protection applys after it is signed. The client opened the document straight from email and was able to view and sign the document.

If you don't want the user to access the file until they put in a password, you need to add the password to authenticate the user as well.

I am going to have to use both methods.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines