• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Sign - want to delete signer

Community Beginner ,
Aug 09, 2017 Aug 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I sent a document out requesting two signatures plus mine.  I signed and so did one of the parties.  That is good enough.  How do I get Adobe Sign to file the document without the other signature?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Aug 20, 2017 Aug 20, 2017

You cannot remove the signer. The best work around if you do not want to redo the entire document process is to use the replace signer capability and use your email address and sign the third unnecessary party.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,
Aug 16, 2017 Aug 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I called Adobe Sign Support before I posted this question.  Support told me to post it here as "their" experts would reply and the person I was talking to at "Support" couldn't help me.  So far none of those "experts" have chimed in.  Seems to me that "support" for Adobe Sign is pretty much non-existent.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 20, 2017 Aug 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You cannot remove the signer. The best work around if you do not want to redo the entire document process is to use the replace signer capability and use your email address and sign the third unnecessary party.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 04, 2018 Sep 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also have this question, but tried replacing signing with my own email. Adobe sign says "cannot replace signer with your email"

Any other ideas?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 19, 2018 Sep 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Laba,

Sorry for the delay in response.

As you have sent the document for signature, you are already a part of the process.

It is not possible to add your own email address to replace the signer.

Replace signer only works to add a new signer.

Hope that answers your query.

Let us know if you have any questions.

Regards,

Meenakshi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 08, 2019 Oct 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

I have recently been reading Adobe Sign Community and other related-sites.

This thread started more than 2 years ago and still no progress on this Delete Signer capability.

Adobe Sign makes it hard for Users to Edit/Amend an 'In Progress' document.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 21, 2023 Jul 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have used a second email address as a new signer workaround.  I have used my other work email address or my personal email address as a new signer to replace the unwanted signer.  I would rather have the ability to delete a signer, but until that is included, this works ok.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 24, 2021 May 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do you replace a signer with someone else other than yourself.  I believe I was able to do in my Adobe Pro but now I have the full version of sign and I am not seeing that as an option.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 10, 2021 Sep 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same problem. Need to delete someone while the documetn is out for signature, they were mistakenly added for approval but it turns out they are not necssary. Adobe, what's your work around, or has Adobe come up with a revision to this product so this can be a function?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 10, 2022 Jun 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is now June 2022 and still no viable answer?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 08, 2019 Oct 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

I have recently been reading Adobe Sign Community and other related-sites.

This thread started more than 2 years ago and still no progress on this Delete Signer capability.

Adobe Sign makes it hard for Users to Edit/Amend an 'In Progress' document.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 18, 2022 Aug 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What a useless program. YOU CANNOT DELETE A SIGNER. You have to redo the entire document. DocuSign is much better

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 23, 2023 Jun 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes.

It's a real bummer not te be able to delete a signer once you started the process.
Redoing the whole procedure just isn't an option because you can't just go around waisting other peoples time.
Some of the signatures on my document are facultative.

"Why do you include them in the first place?!". Well...that is becaus you still want to give the opportunity to the people to sign off.

SO PLEASE ADOBESIGN: fix this. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 09, 2023 Jan 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also would like the ability to delete a signer.  We use this feature to collect read reciepts from contractors for our safety program.  If the contractor changes who is assigned to come to our facility, I'd like to be able to delete the individual no longer assigned and add the new individual assigned without having to start over again.  Or maybe a website address that anyone with the link can access and sign the document.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Jun 26, 2023 Jun 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Rob5E9E  In that specific case you can just replace the signer with the correct signer.

Replacing signers.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 20, 2023 Jul 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I dont have the option to replace - only add alternate. It doesn't take away the original signer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Jul 21, 2023 Jul 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Verify your settings - 

mariahweyne_0-1689973559367.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 31, 2023 Jul 31, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi SHHS25110956ymds,

Thank you for reaching out.

Could you please share the screenshot of the option you get?

If you wish to replace the signer, ensure the document is not signed. 

You may refer to the steps suggested in the following help document to replace the recipient: https://helpx.adobe.com/sign/using/replace-signer.html

Let us know if you need any help.

Thanks,

Meenakshi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines